Topics

State qso party & ft8 question

kc6mie

I’m trying to set up the AZ out of state AC logging and with phone and CW the program reads all ok. When I switch to FT8 add in jT alert it doesn’t log. AC log reads the Band and freq. as 14.074 but still list the mode as phone where it should be dig.
For FD I had it working ok with the digital modes but cannot remember all of the settings.
In jTalert, under settings/manage settings/logging/ACLog do I select Remote Networked PC and fill out all the info in Remote PC Configuration? I have tried that with the settings I used on FD but no success.
Any guidance would be appreciated.
Thanks
Stephen Kc6mie

Stephen Spencer

Scott Davis

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your e-mail.  You'll find the details for interfacing JTAlert with my software here:

http://www.n3fjp.com/help/digitalsetup.html

That said, most digital programs that you would be using for a state QSO Party with county exchanges, such as N7YG, FLDigi, etc., would not be passing data (grids) through JTAlert.  You can find the steps for interfacing those programs directly with my software on the link above as well.

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: AC Log Group <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Sent: Fri, Oct 9, 2020 5:16 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] State qso party & ft8 question

I’m trying to set up the AZ out of state AC logging and with phone and CW the program reads all ok.  When I switch to FT8 add in jT alert it doesn’t log.  AC log reads the Band and freq. as 14.074 but still list the mode as phone where it should be dig.
For FD I had it working ok with the digital modes but cannot remember all of the settings.
In jTalert, under settings/manage settings/logging/ACLog do I select Remote Networked PC and fill out all the info in Remote PC Configuration?  I have tried that with the settings I used on FD but no success.
Thanks
Stephen Kc6mie

Stephen Spencer

kc6mie

Thanks Scott

Stephen Spencer

On Oct 9, 2020, at 2:40 PM, Scott Davis via groups.io <SNKDavis@...> wrote:

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your e-mail.  You'll find the details for interfacing JTAlert with my software here:

http://www.n3fjp.com/help/digitalsetup.html

That said, most digital programs that you would be using for a state QSO Party with county exchanges, such as N7YG, FLDigi, etc., would not be passing data (grids) through JTAlert.  You can find the steps for interfacing those programs directly with my software on the link above as well.

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: AC Log Group <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Sent: Fri, Oct 9, 2020 5:16 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] State qso party & ft8 question

I’m trying to set up the AZ out of state AC logging and with phone and CW the program reads all ok.  When I switch to FT8 add in jT alert it doesn’t log.  AC log reads the Band and freq. as 14.074 but still list the mode as phone where it should be dig.
In jTalert, under settings/manage settings/logging/ACLog do I select Remote Networked PC and fill out all the info in Remote PC Configuration?  I have tried that with the settings I used on FD but no success.
Thanks
Stephen Kc6mie

Stephen Spencer