Topics

spotting with N3FJP program

I have been using N3FJP for years. Yesterday and today after calling CQ in the CW mode I noticed that I came up in the spotting window multiple times. My N3FJP is set to "dxspots.com". I routinely come up on the reverse beacon network but it has never come over to my spot window. Is this a new feature? Am I the only one seeing the spots or is it also going to the DX cluster? Is there a setting for this? I have attached two pictures of what I saw after calling CQ on 40 meters.   Thanks.
Peter
AA2VG

Scott Davis

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your e-mail. There have been no changes in AC Log. The data you are receiving is coming from the Telnet host.

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Fri, Feb 19, 2021 4:26 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] spotting with N3FJP program

I have been using N3FJP for years. Yesterday and today after calling CQ in the CW mode I noticed that I came up in the spotting window multiple times. My N3FJP is set to "dxspots.com". I routinely come up on the reverse beacon network but it has never come over to my spot window. Is this a new feature? Am I the only one seeing the spots or is it also going to the DX cluster? Is there a setting for this? I have attached two pictures of what I saw after calling CQ on 40 meters.   Thanks.
Peter
AA2VG

Lee Sawkins

If you don't want to see spots of your own call send the command SET/NoOwn to the DX Cluster.

Lee VE7CC