Sizing Behavior in V6.9

Marlo Montanaro - KA2IRQ

So I love the fact that we can dynamically size the main window and sub-windows.  But when I restart ACLog it seems to go back to 100%.

Is there a way to keep the re-sized screen size and shape across restarts of ACLog?

73,
Marlo
KA2IRQ

Scott Davis

Hi Marlo,

Thanks for your kind words and encouragement.  AC Log is remembering its last dimensions here (that feature has been around quite a while now).  My only thought on that is to make sure your protection software isn't clamping down on any of the settings files.

One other thought that comes to mind.  If the last settings are to a location Windows is returning as invalid, the default settings are called.

I hope that this helps!

So I love the fact that we caaman dynamically size the main window and sub-windows.  But when I restart ACLog it seems to go back to 100%.

Is there a way to keep the re-sized screen size and shape across restarts of ACLog?

73,
Marlo
KA2IRQ

kb9lgs

One thing I think about and check on is if the configuration file is in some way locked. One of the more annoying ways this can happen is antivirus software can detected as a virus somehow or other and then "quarantine it". A lot of antivirus software will do this in a manner that normal Windows file Manager will show the file is normal. A quick and dirty way to deal with this is see if you can open it with Windows notepad or wordpad. This applies to like any file. A lot of times you'll see total trash because it wasn't supposed to be open in this manner. But if you can open the file and see trash that means that the file is openable. And then look at the title line and if it says read only you also have a problem. If it opens good and the title bar doesn't say read only, you should be able to read and write the file from your software.

I would be doing is divide and conquer. I would see that the files being modified when you exit. Check the modified date and do a file compare on it. That should narrow it down to whether or not the problem is with the configuration not being saved or if it's with the configuration not being read.

N3FJPhttp://www.n3fjp.com