SignaLink Question

Steve KS4KJ

Hi folks. I use Scott's suite of software (as do we all!). One of the great parts of the programs is the ability to have the program playback sound files and transmit them automatically to save our voices for the actual contacts. I use a SignaLink for digital modes and since it is a standalone sound card to Windows it is a great way to handle the sound between N3FJP programs and my radio. While the SignaLink has a VOX mode to handle PTT I would like the chosen logging program to do the PTT keying. To do this the SignaLink needs to have a com port for the software to use and since the SignaLink is USB it isn't assigned a com port. I have no experience with virtual com port programs and wonder what you folks have found to use to accomplish this? Free would be nice but isn't a must have. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

--
Steve Mays KS4KJ
5+6 String Basses

Avast logo

AI3KS

Steve,

As the signalink is only a sound card, it does not appear as a com port, only a USB Audio Device. If you want true PTT you must do that with with Rig Control. The radio will create a COM port when connected to the computer.

Hope this helps.

Steve, AI3KS