Topics

setting up on Kenwood TS 570SG #setup

FRANK BROWN

Trying to set up on Kenwood TS570sg using a usb to serial cable. When I press test I get no response. Kenwood is set to 8 data bits, no parity, 9600 baud and 1 stop bit. I have tried all recommended settings in logging program but program and my radio are not communicating. I have cable with FTDI chipset. Have installed current driver. HELP
--
KF4XY

M. H. Shannon

Is you Com port correct? My TS570D use Stop Bit #2 and the Rig set for Kenwood2. Works for me.

N4WMB

On 2/4/2021 3:56 PM, francoind@... wrote:
Trying to set up on Kenwood TS570sg using a usb to serial cable. When I press test I get no response. Kenwood is set to 8 data bits, no parity, 9600 baud and 1 stop bit. I have tried all recommended settings in logging program but program and my radio are not communicating. I have cable with FTDI chipset. Have installed current driver. HELP
--
KF4XY

FRANK BROWN

Comm port is correct at comm 5. Manual of radio says use 1 stop bit but I have tried 2 and still get same result. Message saying " awaiting response"

On Feb 4, 2021 4:07 PM, "M. H. Shannon" <mhshannon@...> wrote:

Is you Com port correct? My TS570D use Stop Bit #2 and the Rig set for Kenwood2. Works for me.

N4WMB

On 2/4/2021 3:56 PM, francoind@... wrote:
Trying to set up on Kenwood TS570sg using a usb to serial cable. When I press test I get no response. Kenwood is set to 8 data bits, no parity, 9600 baud and 1 stop bit. I have tried all recommended settings in logging program but program and my radio are not communicating. I have cable with FTDI chipset. Have installed current driver. HELP
--
KF4XY

--
KF4XY

N2RLH

Set to 38.4 Baud Rate. I have 890 set to that and it works perfect. Also have the 590.

Ron

On Thu, Feb 4, 2021 at 4:58 PM N2RLH via groups.io <rlhaynes24=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Lou Everett, Sr. <loueverettsr@...>

Do your baud rates in radio and ACLog match?

Lou WA5LOU

On Thu, Feb 4, 2021 at 3:56 PM <francoind@...> wrote:
Trying to set up on Kenwood TS570sg using a usb to serial cable. When I press test I get no response. Kenwood is set to 8 data bits, no parity, 9600 baud and 1 stop bit. I have tried all recommended settings in logging program but program and my radio are not communicating. I have cable with FTDI chipset. Have installed current driver. HELP
--
KF4XY

FRANK BROWN

yes baud rate and all other parameters match. suspect that trouble is in usb to serial cable but have no way to test.

--
KF4XY

Mike Olbrisch

This is exactly why I did away with all the USB-serial adapter cables in the shack.  Unless you are certain you didn’t get caught with a cloned cable, any windows update and it might just quit working on you.

I recommend either OEM cables, or RT-Systems cables.

Mike – KD5KC -- El Paso -- Texas.

An EXIT is really an ENTRANCE to someplace new.