Topics

setting up on Kenwood TS 570SG #setup

FRANK BROWN

Trying to set up on Kenwood TS570sg using a usb to serial cable. When I press test I get no response. Kenwood is set to 8 data bits, no parity, 9600 baud and 1 stop bit. I have tried all recommended settings in logging program but program and my radio are not communicating. I have cable with FTDI chipset. Have installed current driver. HELP
--
KF4XY

M. H. Shannon

Is you Com port correct? My TS570D use Stop Bit #2 and the Rig set for Kenwood2. Works for me.

N4WMB

On 2/4/2021 3:56 PM, francoind@... wrote:
Trying to set up on Kenwood TS570sg using a usb to serial cable. When I press test I get no response. Kenwood is set to 8 data bits, no parity, 9600 baud and 1 stop bit. I have tried all recommended settings in logging program but program and my radio are not communicating. I have cable with FTDI chipset. Have installed current driver. HELP
--
KF4XY

FRANK BROWN

Comm port is correct at comm 5. Manual of radio says use 1 stop bit but I have tried 2 and still get same result. Message saying " awaiting response"

On Feb 4, 2021 4:07 PM, "M. H. Shannon" <mhshannon@...> wrote:

Is you Com port correct? My TS570D use Stop Bit #2 and the Rig set for Kenwood2. Works for me.

N4WMB

--
KF4XY

--
KF4XY

N2RLH

Set to 38.4 Baud Rate. I have 890 set to that and it works perfect. Also have the 590.

Ron

On Thu, Feb 4, 2021 at 4:17 PM FRANK BROWN <francoind@...> wrote:
Comm port is correct at comm 5. Manual of radio says use 1 stop bit but I have tried 2 and still get same result. Message saying " awaiting response"

N4WMB

--
KF4XY

--
KF4XY

N2RLH

On Thu, Feb 4, 2021 at 4:58 PM N2RLH via groups.io <rlhaynes24=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Set to 38.4 Baud Rate. I have 890 set to that and it works perfect. Also have the 590.

Ron

On Thu, Feb 4, 2021 at 4:17 PM FRANK BROWN <francoind@...> wrote:

N4WMB

--
KF4XY

--
KF4XY

Lou Everett, Sr. <loueverettsr@...>

Do your baud rates in radio and ACLog match?

Lou WA5LOU

On Thu, Feb 4, 2021 at 3:56 PM <francoind@...> wrote:
--
KF4XY

FRANK BROWN

yes baud rate and all other parameters match. suspect that trouble is in usb to serial cable but have no way to test.

--
KF4XY

Mike Olbrisch

This is exactly why I did away with all the USB-serial adapter cables in the shack.  Unless you are certain you didn’t get caught with a cloned cable, any windows update and it might just quit working on you.

I recommend either OEM cables, or RT-Systems cables.

Mike – KD5KC -- El Paso -- Texas.

The canyons are calling, colorful and deep.  But I have promises to keep.

And miles to go still in my Jeep...   And miles to go still in my Jeep...

ADVENTURE:  The respectful pursuit of trouble.

An EXIT is really an ENTRANCE to someplace new.

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> On Behalf Of FRANK BROWN
Sent: Thursday, February 4, 2021 19:03 PM
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] setting up on Kenwood TS 570SG #setup #setup

yes baud rate and all other parameters match. suspect that trouble is in usb to serial cable but have no way to test.

--
KF4XY

W5DET

Frank,
You don't say if you altered the Connection Power selection.  It shows "None" in your screenshot.
I use RTS with my TS590 even though it's a USB connection.  As I recall, there was no response with "None" and "Both."
I believe the FTDI adapters respond to those handshaking signals as well.

73, Doug, W5DET

FRANK BROWN

I did not provide a screen shot. I have tried all the settings but RTS is my default
--
KF4XY

Lou Everett, Sr. <loueverettsr@...>

Provide a screenshot for us.  What com port are you using?

Lou WA5LOU

On Fri, Feb 5, 2021 at 2:33 PM FRANK BROWN <francoind@...> wrote:
I did not provide a screen shot. I have tried all the settings but RTS is my default
--
KF4XY