Topics

Serial Number - Sweepstakes

Tanner Jones, W9TWJ

I was sharing a log between two computers this past weekend.

If a callsign was entered on the computer B, the serial number would freeze. If a station was logged on computer A, the serial would not update on computer B with the callsign entered unless it was wiped (the other direction is true as well).

Is there anyway for this not to happen?

Thank you.

Scott Davis

Hi Tanner,

Thanks for your e-mail.  Sorry, no, multi transmitter stations track serial by band, with each on an individual band, which my software optionally supports.  It is not designed with two PCs in mind for a single op.

I'm sorry that I didn't have the answer that you were looking for.

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Mon, Nov 23, 2020 4:21 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Serial Number - Sweepstakes

I was sharing a log between two computers this past weekend.

If a callsign was entered on the computer B, the serial number would freeze. If a station was logged on computer A, the serial would not update on computer B with the callsign entered unless it was wiped (the other direction is true as well).

Is there anyway for this not to happen?

Thank you.

Tanner Jones, W9TWJ

Scott,

Thanks for your reply. I thought I saw somewhere where the serial was based on the last log entry so I wasn't following why a callsign entered into the call field would not update on the other PC when a new entry was made.

Thanks for the help... we'll have to figure out something to support our multi op effort.

Saw you spotted a couple times this weekend Scott but was never able to find you.