Topics

Sending CW does not work

Bainbridge Cowell

Scott,

I checked all the items you mentioned, and the problem persists.  I tried my N3FJP logs from previous contests, all configured for transmitting CW, which worked perfectly in those contests, but now do not send CW.  When I click on a function key to send a programmed string of CW text, the text shows on the log screen as each character is sent, but the radio is not keyed.  I’ve checked to be sure that break-in is enabled on the radio and double-checked the cable connections.

Anything else I should try?

Thanks,

Bain, K8LBQ

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Wednesday, March 3, 2021 11:34 AM
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Rig control stopped working

Hi Bain,

Thanks for your e-mail.  Actually, your question is regarding sending CW, not rig control.  In addition to your correct cables seated properly, etc., the software must be in CW mode.

If you continue to have trouble, please click Settings > Transmit > CW and follow the configuration directions on the form that appears.  

Enjoy!

73, Scott

N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Sent: Wed, Mar 3, 2021 11:02 am
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Rig control stopped working

I have regularly used my N3FJP logger programs to key my IC-7300 on CW mode.  Today my CWOps CWT logger, which I use every week, did not key the rig when I pressed a function key on the computer.  The string of characters moved across the computer screen as it always does when I transmit, but the rig didn’t transmit.  I checked the cable connections from PC to radio (USB and CI-V cables) and rebooted the computer, but had the same problem.  I tried computer keying with my ACLog program, with the same result.  What else should I try?  Suggestions welcome!

Bain Cowell, K8LBQ

Sent from Mail for Windows 10