Topics

SDQP log missing

Dale Martin, KG5U

This morning, I went to open the SDQP log I created in ACL yesterday. Nothing. No log anywhere.  It was my first time creating a contest log in ACL. Where does the contest log data go? The Loggiing seemed to log my QSOs in spite not being connected to a radio. N1MM was using the port for PAQP.

Any suggestions to locate the SDQP log would be appreciated.

Dale, kg5u

AI3KS

Dale,

Assuming that you used the South Dakota QSO Party software, look here:

C:\Users\Username\Documents\Affirmatech\N3FJP Software\SD-QSO-Party-OutOfState

Hope this helps.

Steve, AI3KS

On 20/10/12 09:42, Dale Martin wrote:

This morning, I went to open the SDQP log I created in ACL yesterday. Nothing. No log anywhere.  It was my first time creating a contest log in ACL. Where does the contest log data go? The Loggiing seemed to log my QSOs in spite not being connected to a radio. N1MM was using the port for PAQP.

Dale, kg5u

Lou Everett, Sr.

Did you bring up that particular log or did u just let it default to the regular log file?

Lou WA5LOU

On Mon, Oct 12, 2020 at 9:43 AM Dale Martin <kg5u@...> wrote:

This morning, I went to open the SDQP log I created in ACL yesterday. Nothing. No log anywhere.  It was my first time creating a contest log in ACL. Where does the contest log data go? The Loggiing seemed to log my QSOs in spite not being connected to a radio. N1MM was using the port for PAQP.

Dale, kg5u

Lou Everett, Sr.

He did say he used ACL.  

On Mon, Oct 12, 2020 at 10:01 AM AI3KS <AI3KS.01@...> wrote:
Dale,

Hope this helps.

Steve, AI3KS

This morning, I went to open the SDQP log I created in ACL yesterday. Nothing. No log anywhere.  It was my first time creating a contest log in ACL. Where does the contest log data go? The Loggiing seemed to log my QSOs in spite not being connected to a radio. N1MM was using the port for PAQP.

Dale, kg5u

AI3KS

If that is the case, then change the last directory entry to ACLog.

On 20/10/12 10:03, Lou Everett, Sr. wrote:
He did say he used ACL.  

On Mon, Oct 12, 2020 at 10:01 AM AI3KS <AI3KS.01@...> wrote:
Dale,

Hope this helps.

Steve, AI3KS

Dale, kg5u

Scott Davis

Hi Dale,

Thanks for your e-mail.  To see the default location of your log file, click File > Show File Locations.  If you clicked File > Save As and saved to another location, you'll need to remember the file name you gave it and where you saved it.

The default location in AC Log is:

C:\Users\YourWindowsUserProfile\My Documents\Affirmatech\N3FJP Software\ACLog\NameYouGaveYourContestLog.mdb

AC Log isn't designed for contesting and therefore will not create the Cabrillo file, score your log, etc.  In the future, always use the proper contest program for each contest.  You'll find the South Dakota QSO Party software here:

http://www.n3fjp.com/stateqsoparty.html

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Mon, Oct 12, 2020 10:00 am
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] SDQP log missing

Dale,

Hope this helps.

Steve, AI3KS

Dale, kg5u

Larry Banks

Hi Dale,

ACLog is not intended to be used for contesting.  Try the correct state QSO party log.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Sent: Monday, October 12, 2020 9:42
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] SDQP log missing

Dale, kg5u