Topics

Schedule Export?

Jim Edmondson

All, is there a way to auto-export and adif file on a schedule, say when closing the program?

Thanks,
N5JGE
Jim

Mitch NW0M

Interesting question Jim.  Can I ask why you want to do that? 

73, Mitch
NWØM

Scott Davis

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your e-mail.  For the contest software, the backup options (on close and / or every 15 minutes (if the contact count has increased)) exports in ADIF.  For AC Log, the interval is only on close and the actual .mdb file is copied.  

Click File > Backup Options for more details from AC Log and the contest program to see the difference.

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Sun, Sep 20, 2020 10:57 am
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Schedule Export?

All, is there a way to auto-export and adif file on a schedule, say when closing the program?

Thanks,
N5JGE
Jim

Jim Edmondson

Mitch, I am using GridTracker with JTDX for FT8.  GridTracker uses the JTDX log to determine what countries, states, etc you need.  You can also point GridTracker to an external adif file to get a more accurate list of countries, states, etc that you need.  Since I just started using JTDX, my older contacts (and all of my confirmations) are in ACLog.  So what I have been doing is exporting an adif every time I sync ACLog and LOTW for GridTracker to use.

If you see a better way to do this, I am open to suggestions.

Jim
N5JGE

Mitch NW0M

Jim,

OK, I didn't think it was for backups since there are already backup options as stated by Scott.

I don't use GridTracker nor track grids so can't help you there.  ACLog does have its own tracking by grids, counties, states, countries, etc.  Click on the Awards tab at the top and see if that meets your needs.

Good Luck and welcome back to the hobby!!  You've chosen an Excellent logger program!!

73, Mitch
NWØM 

Jim Edmondson

Mitch, thanks for the suggestions.  GridTracker tracks lots of other parameters in addition to grids.  The advantage is that it shows those items for all of the CQ calls (like JTAlert) so you can select which one to reply to quickly - which is important with FT8.  I use ACLog to keep track of award type info when "offline" from FT8.  I agree this ACLog is a great application for contact logging and this very active forum demonstrates that.  Support by the ACLog team is the best that I have seen for any PC application that I use for ham radio or otherwise.

Jim
N5JGE