Topics

RT Roundup U.S. States Not Populating

Patrick Hung

Hi,

Just registered, and downloaded RTTY logging program for this weekend's FT Roundup. I've found that the program logs all Canadian provinces just fine, but fails to populate the U.S. States field, rendering U.S. QSOs un-loggable.... what have I set wrong in my settings?

Thanks.

Patrick, W2TAR

Scott Davis

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your e-mail.  I'm sorry that you've run into trouble.  It sounds like none of the QTH data is being passed.  Most likely provinces are just being picked up by the call sign prefix.

You didn't mention which intermediary program are you running (GridTracker, JTAlert or the Python Script by W3DJS)?

If JTAlert, you have to configure JTAlert for ARRL RTTY as detailed here:

http://www.n3fjp.com/help/digitalsetup.html#jtalert

Specifically, Laurie (JTAlert author) writes:

JTAlert supports [these contest programs], but you can't just substitute ACLog with FDLog, it will never work. There are WSJT-X, FDLog & JTAlert settings that need to be configured. Setup is not difficult and easily done, but without reading the specific Help Topic on this, I can guarantee your failure.

See the "Tutorials -> N3FJP Contest Logs Logging" topic in the JTAlert Help file.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Images for ARRL RTTY are just below that paragraph at the page referenced above and more detail in in Laurie's help section.