Topics

RT Roundup U.S. States Not Populating

Patrick Hung

Hi,

Just registered, and downloaded RTTY logging program for this weekend's FT Roundup. I've found that the program logs all Canadian provinces just fine, but fails to populate the U.S. States field, rendering U.S. QSOs un-loggable.... what have I set wrong in my settings? 

Thanks.
--

Patrick, W2TAR

Scott Davis

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your e-mail.  I'm sorry that you've run into trouble.  It sounds like none of the QTH data is being passed.  Most likely provinces are just being picked up by the call sign prefix.  

You didn't mention which intermediary program are you running (GridTracker, JTAlert or the Python Script by W3DJS)?

If JTAlert, you have to configure JTAlert for ARRL RTTY as detailed here:

http://www.n3fjp.com/help/digitalsetup.html#jtalert

Specifically, Laurie (JTAlert author) writes:

JTAlert supports [these contest programs], but you can't just substitute ACLog with FDLog, it will never work. There are WSJT-X, FDLog & JTAlert settings that need to be configured. Setup is not difficult and easily done, but without reading the specific Help Topic on this, I can guarantee your failure.

See the "Tutorials -> N3FJP Contest Logs Logging" topic in the JTAlert Help file.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Images for ARRL RTTY are just below that paragraph at the page referenced above and more detail in in Laurie's help section.

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Sat, Dec 5, 2020 1:53 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] RT Roundup U.S. States Not Populating

Hi,

Just registered, and downloaded RTTY logging program for this weekend's FT Roundup. I've found that the program logs all Canadian provinces just fine, but fails to populate the U.S. States field, rendering U.S. QSOs un-loggable.... what have I set wrong in my settings? 

Thanks.
--

Patrick, W2TAR

Patrick Hung

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the heads up on setting up JTALERT correctly (that is what I use); I've followed Laurie's instructions closely, but the problem persists; however, in WSJT-X, I'm currently stuck with starting with TX2 (can't figure out how to revert to starting QSOs with TX1) - this is the one setting that Laurie mentioned needed to be correct (on TX1), and may be the culprit. If someone can tell me how to revert to TX1, it's be much appreciated.

Other than the TX1 issue, is there anything else that I should look at?

Thanks.

Best regards,

Patrick Hung

On Sat, Dec 5, 2020 at 11:36 AM Scott Davis via groups.io <SNKDavis=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your e-mail.  I'm sorry that you've run into trouble.  It sounds like none of the QTH data is being passed.  Most likely provinces are just being picked up by the call sign prefix.  

You didn't mention which intermediary program are you running (GridTracker, JTAlert or the Python Script by W3DJS)?

If JTAlert, you have to configure JTAlert for ARRL RTTY as detailed here:

Specifically, Laurie (JTAlert author) writes:

JTAlert supports [these contest programs], but you can't just substitute ACLog with FDLog, it will never work. There are WSJT-X, FDLog & JTAlert settings that need to be configured. Setup is not difficult and easily done, but without reading the specific Help Topic on this, I can guarantee your failure.

See the "Tutorials -> N3FJP Contest Logs Logging" topic in the JTAlert Help file.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Images for ARRL RTTY are just below that paragraph at the page referenced above and more detail in in Laurie's help section.

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

Sent: Sat, Dec 5, 2020 1:53 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] RT Roundup U.S. States Not Populating

Hi,

Thanks.
--

Patrick, W2TAR

--

Patrick, W2TAR

Patrick Hung

Just realized that WSJTX defaults to TX2 in Contest Mode... so that's not what's causing my problem.

Please advise if you have more suggestions, Scott.

Thanks.
--

Patrick, W2TAR

Scott Davis

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your follow up.  My software will accept whatever JTAlert sends, so this group will be a better resource for your question:

https://hamapps.groups.io/g/Support

73, Scott
N3FJP

Sent: Sat, Dec 5, 2020 3:52 pm
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] RT Roundup U.S. States Not Populating

Just realized that WSJTX defaults to TX2 in Contest Mode... so that's not what's causing my problem.

Thanks.
--

Patrick, W2TAR

Robert Crossland

Hello all.
I'm VERY new to FT8, so patience is appreciated.
I use N3FJP for my contesting software.  Can I couple that with an FT8 software package for this contest?
If not, what is a good combination?
Thanks in advance!
Bob, N3FR

On Sat, Dec 5, 2020 at 3:54 PM, Scott Davis via groups.io
<SNKDavis@...> wrote:
Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your follow up.  My software will accept whatever JTAlert sends, so this group will be a better resource for your question:

73, Scott
N3FJP

Thanks.
--

Patrick, W2TAR

AI3KS

Bob,

For RTTY contesting I use NY7G digital engine. The FT combo I use is WSJT-X and JTAlert.

There is a learning curve on interfacing them, so I would suggest you start here:

http://www.n3fjp.com/help/digitalsetup.html

Hope this helps.

Steve, AI3KS

On 20/12/07 11:21, Robert Crossland via groups.io wrote:
Hello all.
I'm VERY new to FT8, so patience is appreciated.
I use N3FJP for my contesting software.  Can I couple that with an FT8 software package for this contest?
If not, what is a good combination?
Thanks in advance!
Bob, N3FR

On Sat, Dec 5, 2020 at 3:54 PM, Scott Davis via groups.io
Hi Patrick,

73, Scott
N3FJP

Thanks.
--

Patrick, W2TAR