Rig Interface with Icom 7300 (7410?)

Ray Day N6HE

Hi all,

Been a happy ACL user since forever. Still am!

Bought a bit ago a new Icom 7300 as a travel radio (love it!) and can’t get ACL to read Freq or Mode from the 7300.

My ACL default commands under SETTINGS / RIG INTERFACE / SELECT RIG for “Icom” shows as FREQ: FE FE 64 E0 03 FD and MODE: FE FE 64 E0 03 04. No Joy. From the 7300 manual (all this Icom CI-V info is new to me as it’s my first Icom HF rig, I think I see to use a data string of 03 03 05 1C 03 which doesn’t work.

Anybody out there interfacing the Icom 7300 with ACL? Might you share the FREQ and MODE data strings with me?

Note: For my microKEYER II rig-computer interface, I use the definition for the Icom 7410 (for which I don’t have a manual). As Plan B, any Icom 7410 users care to share their 7410 FREQ and MODE data strings?

Thanks as always,

Ray N6HE

Tom Ellis <k5tee@...>

Ray,

In the boxes of “FREQ: and  MODE:” change the number 64 to 94.

Make sure the baud rate that you choose in ACLog matches the baud rate in the 7300.

Also, make sure that the right COM port is selected.

Tom

K5TEE

[...]

In  the “FREQ: and MODE:” boxes, change the 64 to 94.

Make sure that the Baud rate in ACLog and the 7300 are the same.

Also, make sure the ACLog sees the correct COM port for the 7300.

Tom

K5TEE

Been a happy ACL user since forever. Still am!

Bought a bit ago a new Icom 7300 as a travel radio (love it!) and can’t get ACL to read Freq or Mode from the 7300.

My ACL default commands under SETTINGS / RIG INTERFACE / SELECT RIG for “Icom” shows as FREQ: FE FE 64 E0 03 FD and MODE: FE FE 64 E0 03 04. No Joy. From the 7300 manual (all this Icom CI-V info is new to me as it’s my first Icom HF rig, I think I see to use a data string of 03 03 05 1C 03 which doesn’t work.

Anybody out there interfacing the Icom 7300 with ACL? Might you share the FREQ and MODE data strings with me?

Note: For my microKEYER II rig-computer interface, I use the definition for the Icom 7410 (for which I don’t have a manual). As Plan B, any Icom 7410 users care to share their 7410 FREQ and MODE data strings?

Thanks as always,

Ray N6HE

rhclinton

I have also purchased an IC-7300 and share Ray's enthusiasm for it.  To celebrate, I decided to upgrade
ACL to 5.6.  The upgrade went smoothly but I have run into difficulty with the rig interface.  I have the correct device address (94) and have selected 19.2 bps, which is the only one that works.  I have the correct COM port selected.  When I start the test from the rig interface screen  I can see hex data being returned from the 7300 but no values show in the frequency or mode fields, nor is this information sent to the main form.  I am able to send frequency and mode from the interface screen to the rig, however, so obviously there is communication.

Suggestions?

Bob  G0BUX

Scott Davis

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your e-mail.  Don't forget to change the rig ID to that of your radio in the string.  I don't have a 7300 myself, but you'll find the successful settings other 7300 users have sent along here:

http://www.n3fjp.com/help/righelp.html

Congratulations on the new rig!