Topics

Rig control stopped working

Bainbridge Cowell

I have regularly used my N3FJP logger programs to key my IC-7300 on CW mode.  Today my CWOps CWT logger, which I use every week, did not key the rig when I pressed a function key on the computer.  The string of characters moved across the computer screen as it always does when I transmit, but the rig didn’t transmit.  I checked the cable connections from PC to radio (USB and CI-V cables) and rebooted the computer, but had the same problem.  I tried computer keying with my ACLog program, with the same result.  What else should I try?  Suggestions welcome!

Bain Cowell, K8LBQ

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Scott Davis

Hi Bain,

Thanks for your e-mail.  Actually, your question is regarding sending CW, not rig control.  In addition to your correct cables seated properly, etc., the software must be in CW mode.

If you continue to have trouble, please click Settings > Transmit > CW and follow the configuration directions on the form that appears.