Topics

Rig Control for Kenwood TS-590


James Goff
 

I am unable to connect. Polling produces only characters, symbols, etc. I have tried both Kenwood and Kenwood2 schemes without luck. I have changed cables, changed power-up sequences, changed set-up criteria, etc., again, without luck. Please advise. 73 W1JHG

--
-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)
 


Lou Everett, Sr. <loueverettsr@...>
 

Do your baud rates between computer and ACLog match?

On Sat, Nov 28, 2020 at 4:19 PM James Goff <goffmaine@...> wrote:
I am unable to connect. Polling produces only characters, symbols, etc. I have tried both Kenwood and Kenwood2 schemes without luck. I have changed cables, changed power-up sequences, changed set-up criteria, etc., again, without luck. Please advise. 73 W1JHG

--
-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)
 


James Goff
 

Lou:  They DO now, thank you. I had to dig out my TS-590 manual to find 'directions' to those Menu items. At first, changing them did not make any difference, but after rebooting the computer, the rig, the function is working. Many, many thanks!!  73, W1JHG, Jim


Lou Everett, Sr. <loueverettsr@...>
 

You are very welcome, my Friend.

73 and Be Safe!

Lou WA5LOU


On Sat, Nov 28, 2020 at 4:46 PM James Goff <goffmaine@...> wrote:
Lou:  They DO now, thank you. I had to dig out my TS-590 manual to find 'directions' to those Menu items. At first, changing them did not make any difference, but after rebooting the computer, the rig, the function is working. Many, many thanks!!  73, W1JHG, Jim


Ken Reid
 

Hi James
I have a 590sg
Check menu 69 should be usb
Check that the menu # 68  usb port is set to 38400, and the program is set to the same.
Are you on usb audio codec for both, is it set to 100 % in the computer
And there are always those pesky ports!
GL
73
Ken

On Sat, Nov 28, 2020 at 4:20 PM James Goff <goffmaine@...> wrote:
I am unable to connect. Polling produces only characters, symbols, etc. I have tried both Kenwood and Kenwood2 schemes without luck. I have changed cables, changed power-up sequences, changed set-up criteria, etc., again, without luck. Please advise. 73 W1JHG

--
-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)
 



--

Ken Reid


311 Martins Cove Rd

Annapolis MD 21409

305-301-4503


James Goff
 

Hi Ken: Thanks for your response. As I happily reported earlier the issue was, indeed, baudrate differences, which have been matched and the function is working as expected. (Those pesky com ports, indeed!)
73, Jim

On Sat, Nov 28, 2020 at 5:27 PM Ken Reid <khz3895@...> wrote:
Hi James
I have a 590sg
Check menu 69 should be usb
Check that the menu # 68  usb port is set to 38400, and the program is set to the same.
Are you on usb audio codec for both, is it set to 100 % in the computer
And there are always those pesky ports!
GL
73
Ken

On Sat, Nov 28, 2020 at 4:20 PM James Goff <goffmaine@...> wrote:
I am unable to connect. Polling produces only characters, symbols, etc. I have tried both Kenwood and Kenwood2 schemes without luck. I have changed cables, changed power-up sequences, changed set-up criteria, etc., again, without luck. Please advise. 73 W1JHG

--
-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)
 



--

--
i


Larry N8QNM
 

I've been following this thread with interest as my TS-590SG developed similar symptoms this week. I've noticed that many posts here and on the WSJTX group seem to be centered on the ports being reconfigured. I kept an eye out expecting a  Windows update to mess it up and sure enough I got mine this week. 

I wrote down all my settings when I first got it working and so it was a simple check to see the settings changed. But my first initial check showed the radio wasn't even being seen by the computer. Probably due to my also using the computer for video conferencing for work. Completely separate audio (and video) streams and hardware but it seems WSJTX went back to default rather than the specific sound devices. Anyway, I had to go back into the radio menus to set the baud rate, no idea how those changed....don't forget this radio requires the power to be cycled after port changes as the port is always active even when off!

The main takeaways are:   write down your working settings and remember to cycle the radio power when changing port settings. 

Larry N8QNM