Topics

Record numbers

John Romanec

I am evaluating AC Log right now and like what I see so far. I uploaded my ADIF from Log4Om and FT8 log from wsjtx. I was a little surprised that they did not merge. Instead all the QSO entries are out of chronological order. I sorted them chronologically but now the Record numbers are out of order. Is there somewhere that the record numbers can be resorted to be consecutive (#1 for the oldest QSO) so they are in order along with the chronological dates are? or am i heading into dangerous territory by doing this?

AI3KS

File - Sort log on date will take care of it.

Steve, AI3KS

On 20/10/16 16:41, ve4vjr@... wrote:
I am evaluating AC Log right now and like what I see so far. I uploaded my ADIF from Log4Om and FT8 log from wsjtx. I was a little surprised that they did not merge. Instead all the QSO entries are out of chronological order. I sorted them chronologically but now the Record numbers are out of order. Is there somewhere that the record numbers can be resorted to be consecutive (#1 for the oldest QSO) so they are in order along with the chronological dates are? or am i heading into dangerous territory by doing this?

Scott Davis

Hi John,

Thanks for your e-mail.  To sort your log file on date, click File > Sort Log on Date.

Thanks for your interest in my software!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Fri, Oct 16, 2020 4:41 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Record numbers

John Romanec

Thanks guys, that was fast! Yes sorting by date sorted them QSOs chronologically but now teh rRecord numbers are out of whack. My question was how do i get the Record numbers sorted consecutively (with 1 for the oldest QSO) while maintaining the chronological order.

On Fri, Oct 16, 2020 at 3:46 PM Scott Davis via groups.io <SNKDavis=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi John,

Thanks for your e-mail.  To sort your log file on date, click File > Sort Log on Date.

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

Lou Everett, Sr.

Click File - then Sort Log By Date

Lou WA5LOU

On Fri, Oct 16, 2020 at 4:44 PM <ve4vjr@...> wrote:

John Romanec

Well that was weird, i sorted on date again and now the records are in order too. Odd that they were not in order the first time i sorted. In any case thanks everyone!

On Fri, Oct 16, 2020 at 3:59 PM Lou Everett, Sr. <loueverettsr@...> wrote:

Lou WA5LOU

Scott Davis

Hi John,

Thanks for your follow up.  I'm not clear how your log could be sorted correctly with record numbers out of whack, as that seems mutually exclusive.  A screen shot might help us understand what you are asking.

73, Scott
N3FJP

Sent: Fri, Oct 16, 2020 4:49 pm
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Record numbers

Thanks guys, that was fast! Yes sorting by date sorted them QSOs chronologically but now teh rRecord numbers are out of whack. My question was how do i get the Record numbers sorted consecutively (with 1 for the oldest QSO) while maintaining the chronological order.

On Fri, Oct 16, 2020 at 3:46 PM Scott Davis via groups.io <SNKDavis=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi John,

73, Scott
N3FJP

Lou Everett, Sr.

Glad it did the trick.

Lou WA5LOU

On Fri, Oct 16, 2020 at 5:04 PM John Romanec <ve4vjr@...> wrote:
Well that was weird, i sorted on date again and now the records are in order too. Odd that they were not in order the first time i sorted. In any case thanks everyone!

On Fri, Oct 16, 2020 at 3:59 PM Lou Everett, Sr. <loueverettsr@...> wrote:

Lou WA5LOU