Topics

Recent WAEDX RTTY Cabrillo file problem

W3ZF

Scott,
    OK, I had a rough day during this past WAE RTTY contest and finally got personal and radio room issues resolved with 15 minutes to spare to squeeze into the contest.

   I made ONE contact - and to be honest - the time is past for me to even enter my MASSIVE log (LOL!) as the deadline has past.

   Attached, I have a screenshot of the entry in your contest log and a copy of the CABRILLO file.  It appears as if all of the information of the station I contacted is missing - even though it appears in the log.  ??

The Cabrillo file follows.

I have a sense that the failure might have been because of the fact that I had ONLY one contact....I dunno - just a hunch!

Thanks, Danny W3ZF

START-OF-LOG: 3.0
CREATED-BY: N3FJP's Worked All Europe DX Contest Log 2.1
CONTEST: DARC-WAEDC-RTTY
CALLSIGN: W3ZF
LOCATION: CO
CATEGORY-OPERATOR: SINGLE-OP
CATEGORY-STATION: FIXED
CATEGORY-TRANSMITTER: ONE
CATEGORY-POWER: LOW
CATEGORY-ASSISTED: NON-ASSISTED
CATEGORY-BAND: ALL
CATEGORY-MODE: RTTY
CATEGORY-TIME: 24-HOURS
CATEGORY-OVERLAY: CLASSIC
CLAIMED-SCORE: 4
OPERATORS: W3ZF
NAME: Daniel Ruth
ADDRESS: 9621 Castle Ridge Circle
ADDRESS-CITY: Highlands Ranch
ADDRESS-STATE-PROVINCE: CO
ADDRESS-POSTALCODE: 80129
ADDRESS-COUNTRY: USA
EMAIL: heathkit@...
QTC: 3585 RY 2020-11-16 2344 W3ZF /
END-OF-LOG:

Scott Davis

Hi Danny,

Thanks for your e-mail.  Your Cabrillo file is showing a QTC record, not a QSO record.  Make sure you enter QSO records from the main form and QTC records from their respective QTC forms.  Don't add any additional values on the Edit form to the Other fields, as they are used to collect QTC info.

That will do the trick.

Enjoy, and Happy Thanksgiving!

[...]

David Latour

In my 40 contacts in that contest, 37 were incorrectly logged as QTCs and I had to do a bunch of editing on the cab. I think for me it was an issue with how FLdigi passed the info to WAE module.
--
David VE4DL

Scott Davis

Hi David,

Thanks for the report.  That could be and you should definitely post that to the FLDigi group, as that is all handled by FLDigi.

In my 40 contacts in that contest, 37 were incorrectly logged as QTCs and I had to do a bunch of editing on the cab. I think for me it was an issue with how FLdigi passed the info to WAE module.
--
David VE4DL

David Latour

I posted there first.