Topics

Question on How Backup Upon Exit works

Bob K

Greetings all,

Ever since Scott cautioned about a month ago that we setup recurring backups I have backups going to external media upon exit. Seems to work as expected. But this morning that did not happen. On was on this morning. There were no new contacts [ :-( ], however there was activity downloaded from both LoTW and eQSL. I happened to take a look at my backup folder and there was no backup. I tried this two more times with the same result. There were backups for yesterday's activity. I doublechecked the setting that the backup was still pointing to the external media.

Would I be correct to assume that ACLog only performs a backup if there is a new line item contact? I wouldn't have thought so.

Thanks much, Bob
KA2TQV

Scott Davis

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your e-mail.  Yes, you are correct, a new QSO record will initiate the backup on exit.