Topics

question about MODE OVERRIDE #contest

Ji m

First time user of the N3FJP software. I like it a lot!!! It seems more intuitive than some of the other stuff I have used. 
I just finished the VHF contest and exported my cabrillo formatted file. It shows RY for all of my digital contacts. I did not realize that the mode override setting existed until after I exported my log. I changed it, but it still exports as RY. I obviously needed to select that before I started logging, not after. My question is, is there a way to change it, or do I have to edit each contact? Or better yet, does it even matter?
Thanks for a great logging program! The only thing that would make it even more awesome would be if it ran on my Mac! LoL!!!
Jim W3ATV

Scott Davis

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your e-mail.  Yes, the mode logged is stored with each QSO record on entry, so be sure to set the software appropriately before logging each QSO.

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Tue, Jan 19, 2021 10:51 am
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] question about MODE OVERRIDE #contest

First time user of the N3FJP software. I like it a lot!!! It seems more intuitive than some of the other stuff I have used. 
I just finished the VHF contest and exported my cabrillo formatted file. It shows RY for all of my digital contacts. I did not realize that the mode override setting existed until after I exported my log. I changed it, but it still exports as RY. I obviously needed to select that before I started logging, not after. My question is, is there a way to change it, or do I have to edit each contact? Or better yet, does it even matter?
Thanks for a great logging program! The only thing that would make it even more awesome would be if it ran on my Mac! LoL!!!
Jim W3ATV