Topics

QRZ Internet Access Error

Milford Craig

Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen

Working on FT8 and using N3FJP, JT Alert, and Amateur Contact Log.  When a contact is made. the contact information is logged but the window comes up with the 'QRZ Internet Access Error'.

I can click it off and then when I go to add information, (i.e. the band or mode) this window comes up again.

I checked with QRZ and they suggested that it was my password for QRZ.  I did have a symbol in it and QRZ thought that this may cause an error with N3FJP.

I adjusted the password but it did not halo the challenge with the 'QRZ Internet Access Error'.

Please help me with this challenge.

Milford Craig
N3WYG

"A VETERAN--whether active duty, retired, or National Guard or
reserve--is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a
blank check made payable to 'The United States of America',
for an amount of 'up to and including my life'."

Scott Davis

Hi Milford,

Thanks for your e-mail.  I'm sorry that you've run into trouble.  The only settings in AC Log related to QRZ Online lookup are:

-  A valid QRZ UserName
-  A valid QRZ Password
- The check box checked to Enable QRZ Internet Lookup
-  Make sure no other callbook lookup options are selected.

In addition:

-  You'll need to set your Windows Protection and / or Internet protection software to allow AC Log to access the Internet
-  A QRZ subscription in good standing

Also, make sure that you don't have any unusual characters in your user name or password.  If you stick to letters and numbers you will be fine.