Topics

PST Rotator] [was Obtaining frequency data from the contest loggers]

Scott Davis

Hi Scott,

I changed the subject line of your thread, as it really pertains to PST Rotator, but your subject line would not get the attention of PST Rotator users to prompt them to read your post.

I've not tried PST Rotator myself, but I have heard from others that it works identically with the contest software and AC Log.  Hopefully someone with direct experience can chime in and confirm that.

Alternatively, you might contact the author, Codrut directly and check with him here: codrut.buda@...

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Sun, Oct 11, 2020 3:03 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Obtaining frequency data from the contest loggers

I use the PST Rotator Steppir utility to pull freq data from ACLog to control my Steppir antenna - works fine. I am not familiar with the internals of these applications and am not actually sure how the freq info exchange takes place but It seems that only ACLog makes frequency data available to PST Rotator and the contest loggers do not. Am I overlooking something or is this just the way it is?
Thanks

Patrick Moonen

Works perfect no problemen here.

73 Pat - ON3CQ

Op ma 12 okt. 2020 19:56 schreef Scott Davis via groups.io <SNKDavis=aol.com@groups.io>:

Hi Scott,

I changed the subject line of your thread, as it really pertains to PST Rotator, but your subject line would not get the attention of PST Rotator users to prompt them to read your post.

I've not tried PST Rotator myself, but I have heard from others that it works identically with the contest software and AC Log.  Hopefully someone with direct experience can chime in and confirm that.

Alternatively, you might contact the author, Codrut directly and check with him here: codrut.buda@...

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

Sent: Sun, Oct 11, 2020 3:03 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Obtaining frequency data from the contest loggers

I use the PST Rotator Steppir utility to pull freq data from ACLog to control my Steppir antenna - works fine. I am not familiar with the internals of these applications and am not actually sure how the freq info exchange takes place but It seems that only ACLog makes frequency data available to PST Rotator and the contest loggers do not. Am I overlooking something or is this just the way it is?
Thanks

Scott - KA2K

Ive reached out to the PSTRotator group also. I will try again with some other N3FJP contest loggers, but CQWWDX is not working for me. ACLog works great. @ Pat ON3CQ -To be clear this is regarding obtaining frequency data for the Steppir control module and not Azimuth rotator control data. I might add that I am interfacing the N3FJP loggers through Win4Yaesu and virtual ports but see no reason why that would be causing problems with the contest loggers but not ACLog. I will try the contest logger straight through to radio and advise of the result.
Thanks

Scott - KA2K

Update - I connected logger directly to radio. No change. PST Rotator picks up frequency data fine with AC Logger, but none of the contest loggers could obtain frequency data. As soon as I close contest logger and open ACLog the frequency info just pops up into the PST Rotator steppir utility window. All Rig control settings are identical on the loggers. Too bad because I really wanted to take Steppir utility and N3FJP. Maybe its a PST Rotator issue but who knows at this point, waiting to hear something from the PST Rotator forum. PSTRotator is able to get frequency data from N1MM+ successfully.

Scott Davis

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your follow up.  Yes, if there is a problem with PST Rotator, it will have to be addressed in the PST Rotator settings / software.  

I don't know what method Codrut is using to retrieve frequency from my software, but the following command will retrieve the current frequency in all my programs (AC Log and contesting software):

Use this command to read the band, mode and frequency (frequency if rig interface is enabled):

<CMD><READBMF></CMD>

N3FJP Software responds:

<CMD><READBMFRESPONSE><BAND>40</BAND><MODE>SSB</MODE><MODETEST>PH</MODETEST><FREQ>7.22802</FREQ></CMD>

More details are here:

http://www.n3fjp.com/help/api.html

Please let us know what develops.

73, Scott
N3FJP

Sent: Mon, Oct 12, 2020 5:55 pm
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] PST Rotator] [was Obtaining frequency data from the contest loggers]

Update - I connected logger directly to radio. No change. PST Rotator picks up frequency data fine with AC Logger, but none of the contest loggers could obtain frequency data. As soon as I close contest logger and open ACLog the frequency info just pops up into the PST Rotator steppir utility window. All Rig control settings are identical on the loggers. Too bad because I really wanted to take Steppir utility and N3FJP. Maybe its a PST Rotator issue but who knows at this point, waiting to hear something from the PST Rotator forum. PSTRotator is able to get frequency data from N1MM+ successfully.

Scott - KA2K

Thanks for the confirmation that ALL of your loggers use the same commands. That points us back to an issue with PST Rotator. I will keep you apprised of any progress I make with PST Rotator.