Topics

Problem Interfacing With IC-7200

KB5ILY - Travis W. Burton

I am almost sure the true answer to this question will end up being off-topic for this group, but I don't know where else to start. So anyone with ideas or suggestions feel free to contact me off list if needed.

Do I need a specific driver that isn't included?

My 2 month old HP laptop shows that it has a Prolific USB-to-Serial Coom Port as com 3 (this is the only com port listed under Windows 10 Home's device manager). However opening the radio interface window and selecting Icom, the com port selection box is totally empty.

The port details show location as "Port_#0003.Hub_#0001"

In the device status info box is:
"Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)

To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer."

The text in the device status info box is what made me wonder about needing a device driver specific to this brand of hardware. Both of the USB ports work fine with external CD/DVD drive, wired mouse, wireless mouse, etc. I had no external device connected via either USB port during the process, then I connected only the USB cable connected to my IC-7200, received no change in the com port selection box.

73 de Travis KB5ILY / PG00041468
870-260-6068 (Phone)
--
Travis W. Burton, NP, ESQ., KB5ILY (QCWA) & GROL / Arkadelphia AR
President, DeGray Amateur Radio club, Inc.

Computers are like Air Conditioners,
they stop working correctly when you open windows.

KD8VRX@...

Hi Travis,

I have my IC-7200 working properly, you do need to install the drivers from ICOM.  The Windows10 default driver will not work.
You can download the driver from here:
https://www.icomjapan.com/lineup/products/IC-7200/?open=4#detail_content

I recommend you remove the old "Prolific" driver first, I will warn you it can be stubborn.

1- Unplug your USB cable from the Radio or Computer.
2- Follow these steps to remove the old driver:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/install/using-device-manager-to-uninstall-devices-and-driver-packages
3- Restart your computer.
4- Install the ICOM driver software.
5- Plug your radio back  to your computer.

Good luck.

Jocelyn
KD8VRX/VA2VRX

AI3KS

Travis,

You need to download and install the Icom driver. This is done before connecting the radio.

https://www.icomjapan.com/support/firmware_driver/1974/

Hope this helps.

Steve, AI3KS