From: Doug MacArthur <dcmacarthur@...>
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Fri, Mar 12, 2021 6:57 am
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Pota logging

I am a newby.  How do I set up acl for pota?
73 Doug

Michael WA7SKG

Welcome, Doug. Please visit the parksontheair.com website and the Parks on the Air (POTA) Facebook page. In the Files section are several excellent guides and videos on configuring ACL for POTA.

I would also suggest checking and maybe subscribing to Matt Heere's great videos on POTA. He has a beginners video, one for customizing ACL, and various operations videos.

Some good sources of help are the Slack channels, email to help@parksontheair.com, or contact your Area Coordinator at Kx@parksontheair.com where x= the number in your call. So, if your call is KB8HOI, you would send to K8@parksontheair.com

I'm sure you will enjoy the program.

73,
Michael WA7SKG

Doug MacArthur wrote on 3/12/21 3:57 AM:

I am a newby.  How do I set up acl for pota?
73 Doug
_._,_._,_

The problem I run into that when u go to awards for POTA most guys dont e-qsl or LOTW. There for it doesnt show up in the awards page. I have over 1200 qso's and had about 10 showed up as confirmed.

--
NU4N Dave 73's

Jim Shorney

That's interesting, because I have about a 72% LoTW confirmed rate from POTA ops out of 1,415 QSOs. I don't track eQSL that closely.

73

-Jim
NU0C

On Fri, 12 Mar 2021 11:47:54 -0800
"Dave Tucker Nu4N" <dwtucker19@comcast.net> wrote:

The problem I run into that when u go to awards for POTA most guys dont e-qsl or LOTW. There for it doesnt show up in the awards page. I have over 1200 qso's and had about 10 showed up as confirmed.

--
NU4N Dave 73's

Anthony Castiglia

Agreed.  My LoTW QSL rate on POTA activations is easily 50%-60% plus

Michael WA7SKG

POTA awards are strictly within the POTA program. There is no involvement or checking eQSL, LoTW, QRZ or anyplace else. POTA activators submit their logs to their POTA Area Coordinator and they are uploaded to the POTA database. ALL Awards are based on the POTA database and nothing else.

If you are expecting an award and you are not seeing it in your POTA stats, please contact your coordinator if you are an activator. If you are a hunter, check with help@parksontheair.com.

Michael WA7SKG
POTA 7th Area Coordinator