Topics

POTA AC Log Customization Video

Scott Davis

Hi All,

FYI, there is an excellent video on customizing AC Log for Parks on the Air (POTA)  by Matt, N3NWV here:

https://youtu.be/VePKcyP8ppw

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

Matt Heere

Thanks Scott!  Glad you found it useful.  I'm always on the lookout for good topics for the channel, so if there are other recurring themes folks would like to see addressed just let me know.

Scott Davis

Hi Matt,

Awesome!  There are some videos on interfacing my software with digital programs, but I've not come across any that are quite as concise and to the point as I would like to see.  Good videos would be most welcome on interfacing:

- AC Log to WSJT via JTAlert

- N7YG Digital Engine to my contest software  

- FLDigi to my contest software 

These could be three separate videos.

With CQ WPX RTTY coming up, that would be a great contest program to use with the digital software (maybe even capture some real time logging).  Another good option is the ARRL RTTY software.

Again, the biggest compliant I hear for the existing videos is folks don't want to wade through 15 minutes of narrative for a couple settings, so if they could be shown how in a concise way and then given a quick demonstration, that would be awesome!

And if anyone knows of any videos that fit that bill already, please say the word!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Sent: Fri, Jan 24, 2020 7:17 am
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] POTA AC Log Customization Video

Thanks Scott!  Glad you found it useful.  I'm always on the lookout for good topics for the channel, so if there are other recurring themes folks would like to see addressed just let me know.