Topics

Please Test DX Spotting Reconnect in AC Log 6.7.1 Beta!

Scott Davis

Hi Gang,

I've been working on enhancing the DX Spotting reconnect functionality in my software.  In addition to automatically attempting a reconnect with your currently selected DX Spotting Telnet host, if the reconnect attempt fails, it will then try the next host in your list.

This is a difficult function to test, as aside from unplugging and replugging the LAN cable to simulate a disconnect, it is tough to simulate all the scenarios causing a disconnection.  I think the best way to test this is for as many of us to run AC Log, as much as possible and see what occurs if / when the Telnet site you happen to be connected to goes down.

If you would like to help test this feature, would you please uninstall your current version of AC Log from Windows Control Panel and then install this version:

http://www.n3fjp.com/programs/ACLBETA.exe

It will say Beta 6.7.1 in the title bar.

Then click Settings > DX Spotting > Configure and check the Auto Reconnect option here:

Capture.JPG

If you have the ability to simulate a connection loss, awesome.  Otherwise, just let AC Log roll and see what happens.  There will be a text to speech voice letting you know if there is a reconnect attempt or a new site is tried.  You will also see text on the DX Spotting set up form of the attempts.

If you leave the PC, make a note of the host you are connected to and see if it is still the same site when you return.

Thanks in advance for your help with this!

Please let me know how you make out!

Patrick Moonen

Hi Scott,

Installed the beta today and after 4h disconnected from Dx Cluster.
There was a voice message and an automatic reconnection was made with Dc Cluster.

73 Pat - ON3CQ

Scott Davis

Thanks for the great report Pat!  Please keep me updated!  :)