Topics

Phase II: PLEASE Test New Install Method & WW Digi Software! (I REALLY Need Your Help This Time)

Scott Davis

Hi Gang,

We are ready for Phase II, which if all goes well, will be EZPZ.  Please:

1.  Start version 0.8 of the WW Digi DX software you installed yesterday.   If all goes well, it will alert you to a new version and give you the option to upgrade.

2.  Click the upgrade button (it should restart automatically as 0.9 and the test QSOs you entered in 0.8 yesterday should come right up).

3.  Please us know how you make out!!!

Thanks in advance for completing the test!  I'm very eager to hear how you make out!

By the way, as always, the addition of the WW Digi DX software is free to package users.  Please just e-mail us direct for your password.

Thanks again!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: n3fjpsoftwareusers@groups.io <n3fjpsoftwareusers@groups.io>
Sent: Tue, Oct 20, 2020 10:19 am
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] PLEASE Test New Install Method & WW Digi Software! (I REALLY Need Your Help This Time)

Hi All,

There's been lots going on at N3FJP Software headquarters!  Chris, KB3KCN and I are developing a new installation method that will affect all our software and we are adding support for the WW Digi contest, too!

We are at a point in the process where we really need your help testing both.  Briefly:

- We have been vetted and granted a code signing certificate.  Future releases of our software, including the WW Digi software that we need you to test now, will be digitally signed as Affirmatech Inc.  You will still see the Windows SmartScreen window right after new releases, but it should reduce other warnings you receive, depending on the Internet protection software that you use.

-  Each program will automatically alert you when an upgrade is available.

-  The upgrade path will be far easier - literally one click - after you install the next release of each of our programs.  No more need to uninstall from Windows Control Panel!

Your Testing Steps:

Everything is working fine here, but we really need as many folks testing this as possible.  We definitely want any anomalies with test contest data, not any real data, so please help us with the following test:

1.  Please install the WW Digi software (it will install as version 0.8):

http://www.n3fjp.com/programs/WWDIGIDX.exe

2.  Enter some test contacts (and give the WW Digi software a good test while you are at it)

3.  Let me know that you have entered some test data (either here or direct (snkdavis@...)) and that you are ready for Phase II of the test.

4.  I will make a change on the web site, after I have heard from enough folks for a good test, so that the software knows an upgrade is available next time you start it,

5.  I will ask you to start the software when we are ready for Phase II.  If all goes well, it will alert you to a new version and give you the option to upgrade.

6.  Click the upgrade button (it should restart automatically as 0.9 and the test QSOs you entered in 0.8 should come right up).

7.  Please us know how you make out!!!

All, please give this a go.  Thanks in advance!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

Larry Stowell K1ZW

Wow

That was painless very smooth no hiccups.

73 Larry K1ZW

On 10/21/2020 6:22 AM, Scott Davis via groups.io wrote:
Hi Gang,

1.  Start version 0.8 of the WW Digi DX software you installed yesterday.   If all goes well, it will alert you to a new version and give you the option to upgrade.

2.  Click the upgrade button (it should restart automatically as 0.9 and the test QSOs you entered in 0.8 yesterday should come right up).

Thanks in advance for completing the test!  I'm very eager to hear how you make out!

By the way, as always, the addition of the WW Digi DX software is free to package users.  Please just e-mail us direct for your password.

Thanks again!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] PLEASE Test New Install Method & WW Digi Software! (I REALLY Need Your Help This Time)

Hi All,

There's been lots going on at N3FJP Software headquarters!  Chris, KB3KCN and I are developing a new installation method that will affect all our software and we are adding support for the WW Digi contest, too!

We are at a point in the process where we really need your help testing both.  Briefly:

- We have been vetted and granted a code signing certificate.  Future releases of our software, including the WW Digi software that we need you to test now, will be digitally signed as Affirmatech Inc.  You will still see the Windows SmartScreen window right after new releases, but it should reduce other warnings you receive, depending on the Internet protection software that you use.

-  The upgrade path will be far easier - literally one click - after you install the next release of each of our programs.  No more need to uninstall from Windows Control Panel!

Your Testing Steps:

Everything is working fine here, but we really need as many folks testing this as possible.  We definitely want any anomalies with test contest data, not any real data, so please help us with the following test:

2.  Enter some test contacts (and give the WW Digi software a good test while you are at it)

3.  Let me know that you have entered some test data (either here or direct (snkdavis@...)) and that you are ready for Phase II of the test.

4.  I will make a change on the web site, after I have heard from enough folks for a good test, so that the software knows an upgrade is available next time you start it,

5.  I will ask you to start the software when we are ready for Phase II.  If all goes well, it will alert you to a new version and give you the option to upgrade.

6.  Click the upgrade button (it should restart automatically as 0.9 and the test QSOs you entered in 0.8 should come right up).

73, Scott
N3FJP

Dan Morris

Scott - I must say, that was about the easiest one can get.  It came up and said there was an upgrade, pressed the upgrade button, shut down, download upgrade, restarted and now it says ver 0.9 and the previous log came right back in.

Like you said EZPZ.  Thanks so much my friend.

Dan Morris  KZ3T

I live to live for Him!

On Oct 21, 2020, at 6:22 AM, Scott Davis via groups.io <SNKDavis@...> wrote:

Hi Gang,

Thanks again!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Hi All,

Your Testing Steps:

73, Scott
N3FJP

AI3KS

Scott

It couldn't have been easier!

Steve, AI3KS

On 20/10/21 06:22, Scott Davis via groups.io wrote:
Hi Gang,

Thanks again!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Hi All,

Your Testing Steps:

73, Scott
N3FJP

Gary E. Kohtala

Scott,

The upgrade went perfectly. Thanks for allowing me/us to participate in testing.

Best regards,

Gary, K7EK

---

On Wednesday, October 21, 2020, 07:20:01 AM EDT, Larry Stowell K1ZW <wa2fif@...> wrote:

Wow

That was painless very smooth no hiccups.

73 Larry K1ZW

On 10/21/2020 6:22 AM, Scott Davis via groups.io wrote:
Hi Gang,

Thanks again!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Hi All,

Your Testing Steps:

73, Scott
N3FJP

Dave

Worked great Scott.
Less than a minute and I was at 0.9 with yesterdays contacts.
Dave KC3AM

On 10/21/2020 06:22, Scott Davis via groups.io wrote:
Hi Gang,

Thanks again!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Hi All,

Your Testing Steps:

73, Scott
N3FJP

--
Hams should be seen as well as heard, 73, Dave KC3AM

Scott Davis

Awesome, thanks loads Dave!  :)

73, Scott
N3FJP

To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Wed, Oct 21, 2020 1:58 pm
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Phase II: PLEASE Test New Install Method & WW Digi Software! (I REALLY Need Your Help This Time)

Worked great Scott.
Dave KC3AM

Hi Gang,

Thanks again!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Hi All,

Your Testing Steps:

73, Scott
N3FJP

--

JoAnn Donaldson

Scott,
   I fired up the Logger and it did say that there was an update. I clicked on the update and it came back up with Ver .9 . So what do we do with this Logger? It is NOT part of list of Serial Numbers.

JoAnn - AB8YZ

On Wednesday, October 21, 2020, 2:42:25 PM CDT, Scott Davis via groups.io <snkdavis@...> wrote:

73, Scott
N3FJP

Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Phase II: PLEASE Test New Install Method & WW Digi Software! (I REALLY Need Your Help This Time)

Worked great Scott.
Dave KC3AM

Hi Gang,

Thanks again!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Hi All,

Your Testing Steps:

73, Scott
N3FJP

--

Scott Davis

Hi JoAnn,

Thanks for the good report.  Please e-mail us direct and Kimberly will send along your password.

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Sent: Wed, Oct 21, 2020 4:03 pm

Scott,
   I fired up the Logger and it did say that there was an update. I clicked on the update and it came back up with Ver .9 . So what do we do with this Logger? It is NOT part of list of Serial Numbers.

JoAnn - AB8YZ

On Wednesday, October 21, 2020, 2:42:25 PM CDT, Scott Davis via groups.io <snkdavis@...> wrote:

73, Scott
N3FJP

Worked great Scott.
Dave KC3AM

Hi Gang,

Thanks again!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Hi All,

Your Testing Steps:

73, Scott
N3FJP

--

K4GM-George

Is this DIGI "plug-in"  only for an individual contest?  Or is it a multi mode digital engine??   More directly:  Does it do RTTY??

George K4GM

On 10/21/2020 4:03 PM, JoAnn Donaldson via groups.io wrote:
Scott,

JoAnn - AB8YZ

73, Scott
N3FJP

Worked great Scott.
Dave KC3AM

Hi Gang,

Thanks again!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Hi All,

Your Testing Steps:

73, Scott
N3FJP

--

Scott Davis

Hi George,

It is specifically for the annual WW Digi Contest.

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Sent: Wed, Oct 21, 2020 4:23 pm

Is this DIGI "plug-in"  only for an individual contest?  Or is it a multi mode digital engine??   More directly:  Does it do RTTY??

George K4GM

Scott,

JoAnn - AB8YZ

73, Scott
N3FJP

Worked great Scott.
Dave KC3AM

Hi Gang,

Thanks again!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Hi All,

Your Testing Steps:

73, Scott
N3FJP

--

Bill Grover

Does it go by another name?  I couldn't find it on WA7BNM's contest website.

Bill, N3EYF

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Phase II: PLEASE Test New Install
Method & WW Digi Software! (I REALLY Need Your Help This Time)
Date: Wed, October 21, 2020 5:32 pm
To: "N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io" <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>

Hi George,

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

George K4GM

Scott,

JoAnn - AB8YZ

73, Scott
N3FJP

Worked great Scott.
Dave KC3AM

Hi Gang,

Thanks again!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Hi All,

Your Testing Steps:

73, Scott
N3FJP

--

Scott Davis

Here you go Bill:

https://ww-digi.com/

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Sent: Wed, Oct 21, 2020 7:10 pm

Bill, N3EYF

Hi George,

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

George K4GM

Scott,

JoAnn - AB8YZ

73, Scott
N3FJP

Worked great Scott.
Dave KC3AM

Hi Gang,

Thanks again!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Hi All,

Your Testing Steps:

73, Scott
N3FJP

--

Mel Marcus

auto install went trouble free

Date: Wed, October 21, 2020 6:49 pm

Here you go Bill:

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Sent: Wed, Oct 21, 2020 7:10 pm

Bill, N3EYF

Hi George,

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

George K4GM

Scott,

JoAnn - AB8YZ

73, Scott
N3FJP

Worked great Scott.
Dave KC3AM

Hi Gang,

Thanks again!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Hi All,

Your Testing Steps:

73, Scott
N3FJP

--

Anne KC9YL

I had quite a few popups from my AVG software telling me that it was scanning files, but after a bit of clicking, the .9 version is installed

--
Anne Dirkman
KC9YL
See you on the air!!!

kilo-charlie-nine-yankee-lima
-.-  -.-.  ----.  -.--  .-..

Scott Davis

Thanks loads Anne!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Sent: Thu, Oct 22, 2020 12:24 pm

I had quite a few popups from my AVG software telling me that it was scanning files, but after a bit of clicking, the .9 version is installed

--
Anne Dirkman
KC9YL
See you on the air!!!

kilo-charlie-nine-yankee-lima
-.-  -.-.  ----.  -.--  .-..