Topics

locked OT: Green Stamps

WA7WS

To you old timers...
I used to really chase DX and bought a wad of "green stamps" to send to the DX station for postage.

Are these still in use?  I see nothing about them any longer.

Bill WA7WS

BRUCE THOMPSON

Green Stamps?  You mean dollar bills?

IRC’s are no longer in use in the US and S&H Green Stamps have gone the way of the dinosaur.

73 de Bruce, N7TY

Yuma, AZ

www.qsl.net/n7ty

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> On Behalf Of WA7WS
Sent: March 3, 2021 06:27
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] OT: Green Stamps

To you old timers...
I used to really chase DX and bought a wad of "green stamps" to send to the DX station for postage.

Bill WA7WS

Larry Banks

I usually send $3 and an addressed envelop to those I need a QSL from.  Doesn’t happen often anymore as LoTW is so much cheaper and faster, but some DX I need are just not on LoTW.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2021 8:27

To you old timers...

Bill WA7WS

Rick Cochran

A green stamp meant a dollar bill.  An International Reply Coupon (IRC) from USPS is no longer available.

73s,

Rick
WO8L 

On Mar 3, 2021, at 9:00 AM, Larry Banks via groups.io <larryb.w1dyj@...> wrote:

I usually send $3 and an addressed envelop to those I need a QSL from.  Doesn’t happen often anymore as LoTW is so much cheaper and faster, but some DX I need are just not on LoTW.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

To you old timers...

Bill WA7WS

Scott Davis

Hi All,

With the volume of e-mail already on this group which is set up specifically for N3FJP Software support, we really can't continue off topic threads here. Please feel free to continue your discussions direct. Thanks for your understanding!

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Wed, Mar 3, 2021 9:26 am
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] OT: Green Stamps

A green stamp meant a dollar bill.  An International Reply Coupon (IRC) from USPS is no longer available.

73s,

Rick
WO8L 

On Mar 3, 2021, at 9:00 AM, Larry Banks via groups.io <larryb.w1dyj@...> wrote:

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

To you old timers...

Bill WA7WS