Topics

Oops

David Heinsohn

Scott and Others

  Oops. I've been inactive for several years. I have a registered copy of the 2005 full package. I've tried to log in on my logging computer and I can get into the software but I can't find my logbook. Help!!

David
KD0R

--
David Heinsohn
Chief Engineer

Scott Davis

Hi David,

Thanks for your e-mail.  2005, yikes!  Which version of AC Log are you running.  What happens when you click File > Open, navigate to where you have been saving the file and select it?

On 21-Oct-20 15:14, Scott Davis via groups.io wrote:
Hi David,

Thanks for your e-mail.  2005, yikes!  Which version of AC Log are you running.
Version 5.3
  What happens when you click File > Open, navigate to where you have been saving the file and select it?
  I find LogData in a couple of places but there's nothing in there.

  This computer is dedicated to your logging program and was working fine when I got distracted from Ham Radio. Other than several copies of the programs with newer versions from about 2.8 on, there's not much else.

David
KD0R

[...]

Thanks for your follow up.  Okay, I'm relieved that you were using a relatively current version of AC Log, not a 2005 version.  :)

First, make sure that you are signing on to Windows with the same Windows user profile that you used to use, before you got distracted.  More details on that are here:

http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q48

If you still can't find your log file, you can restore from backup (or you LoTW upload) as detailed here: