Omni VII & Orion II Rig Control

Bert Noll

Wondering if anyone is interfacing N3FJP and either an Omni VII or Orion II for rig control?
Also voice messaging with an Omni VII.
Please respond direct to W4KW@...
Tnx,
Bert

On 03/01/2021 7:14 AM Rick Hall <k5gzr@...> wrote:

Richard,

Info at this link may help: https://lotw.arrl.org/lotw-help/view-accepted-qsos/

Rick

Lou WA5LOU

Did you check the N3FJP website?  The following may get you started:

Lou WA5LOU

On Mon, Mar 1, 2021 at 9:16 AM Bert Noll <W4KW@...> wrote:
Wondering if anyone is interfacing N3FJP and either an Omni VII or Orion II for rig control?
Also voice messaging with an Omni VII.
Please respond direct to W4KW@...
Tnx,
Bert
On 03/01/2021 7:14 AM Rick Hall <k5gzr@...> wrote:

Richard,

Info at this link may help: https://lotw.arrl.org/lotw-help/view-accepted-qsos/

Rick

Cam

Bert,
I was successful this past weekend with my Omni VII for rig interfacing, and phone setup for voice keying.
The settings on the website may need to be updated for the serial port speed for the rig interface. You must select "other" and manually type "57600" for the speed. Otherwise, mine would not connect.

I use another serial connection for keying the radio using the plans for CW interfacing, and use that for the voice keyer feature.

https://www.n3fjp.com/cwschematic.html

They "key" port on the front of the Omni VII will key the transmitter in SSB or other modes as well.
I used a sound card output to the aux input on the back of the rig for audio, and selected the audio source as "both" mic and line.
The line serves the audio from the computer, and my normal mic for when I need to talk.

Hope that helps!
--
Cam - W4XXV

Ed B. Hudgens

I used ACLog for many years with an Orion 11 with no problems. As with the Omni it is a serial interface and the settings are similar. Also used a SignaLink with it and it worked great.