Topics

Not Sending CW with Elecraft

Jim K9TF <jim.gmforum@...>

Not the case about the cable. Running 5 watts or less. Rebooted CPU.

No warnings on the Windows 10 Microsoft Surface when I look up the port Com port is working properly.

All other radio functions that interface with program are working properly except transmitting CW.  I have not tried RTTY.

I had called Elecraft we checked out Transmit function using N1MM and Elecraft KX3 Utility and all is working well.

Some one suggested to use LP Bridge  http://www.telepostinc.com/LPB.html

Is anyone out there Using a K3 or KX3 with this program and CW transmission is working or not working? What did you do to get it working?

Jim Borowski K9TF

Sent from my Microsoft Surface

--
Jim K9TF

Mark

Is there any particular reason why you couldn't use the K1EL Winkeyer box ?  I got tired of troubleshooting issues like this and made the commitment to that particular interface for both of my K3 radios.  I have had no issues since making the change a few years ago.

73
Mark McLauchlin KN7T

Not the case about the cable. Running 5 watts or less. Rebooted CPU.

No warnings on the Windows 10 Microsoft Surface when I look up the port Com port is working properly.

All other radio functions that interface with program are working properly except transmitting CW.  I have not tried RTTY.

I had called Elecraft we checked out Transmit function using N1MM and Elecraft KX3 Utility and all is working well.

Some one suggested to use LP Bridge  http://www.telepostinc.com/LPB.html

Is anyone out there Using a K3 or KX3 with this program and CW transmission is working or not working? What did you do to get it working?

Jim Borowski K9TF

Sent from my Microsoft Surface

--
Jim K9TF
_._,_._,

Jim K9TF <jim.gmforum@...>

The more I look into this, even I do not want to, is to use K1EL Winkeyer box. Or some sort of virtual com port software that works with N3FJP software. Some one suggested to use  LP Bridge   Ihttp://www.telepostinc.com/LPB.html have no Idea what I am doing or how to do this, and/or if this stuff is all compatible with Elecraft and N3FJP AC.
--
Jim K9TF

k1oj <k1oj@...>

I covered the same territory.  Ended up using  a winkeyer. Pro is that you can easily run different logging softwares with no hardware or keyed configuration changes. Con is you have to be running software to operate unless you move a key directly to the rig and change key menu to correct setting...
De k1oj

The more I look into this, even I do not want to, is to use K1EL Winkeyer box. Or some sort of virtual com port software that works with N3FJP software. Some one suggested to use  LP Bridge   Ihttp://www.telepostinc.com/LPB.html have no Idea what I am doing or how to do this, and/or if this stuff is all compatible with Elecraft and N3FJP AC.
--
Jim K9TF
--
k1oj
ditdit

John Huber

K1OJ,
Re:
Con is you have to be running software to operate unless you move a key directly to the rig and change key menu to correct setting..
If you use paddles, just plug them into the WinKeyer (WKUSB-SMT) and leave them there.  WinKeyer operates as a keyer even when NOT being controlled by any PC software. The WinKeyer Mini does require a PC connection for power, but the original one with the battery does not.

73, John / N8FYL

Frank MacKenzie-Lamb

I have a Winkeyer step by step illustrated pdf document for TS-2000 and the IC-7300, (non-SDR and SDR) that may help…just send a request

Frank

NG1I@...