Topics

No permanent back up written

Dave

Hello everyone,

I have just noticed another problem I have not had before.
ACL is not writing a backup file to Drive "D", the thumb drive I have designated as the permanent backup file location.

I have formatted a new 2 Gb thumb drive, reset the backup options and still no backup.

In the past when I have chosen to 'exit' from ACL, not 'X" to close the program, there was a 1 - 2 second delay before the program actually closed, now ACL closes immedately.
The regular backup is still being written but this backup is not.

I am running 6.8 and did not try the latest beta test that Scott asked for.
The last proper backup was done on 2-26-21.
--
73, Dave KC3AM Hams should be seen as well as heard

Scott Davis

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your e-mail. Remember, backups are only performed when your QSO record count has increased.

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

I have just noticed another problem I have not had before.
ACL is not writing a backup file to Drive "D", the thumb drive I have
designated as the permanent backup file location.

I have formatted a new 2 Gb thumb drive, reset the backup options and
still no backup.

In the past when I have chosen to 'exit' from ACL, not 'X" to close the
program, there was a 1 - 2 second delay before the program actually
closed, now ACL closes immedately.
The regular backup is still being written but this backup is not.

I am running 6.8 and did not try the latest beta test that Scott asked for.
The last proper backup was done on 2-26-21.
--
73, Dave KC3AM Hams should be seen as well as heard

Dave

Kimberly,

 When I did this earlier I had just imported 24 new WSJT-X contacts from this morning and uploaded them to Eqsl & LOTW then chose exit.
I noticed ACL immediately shut down vs the 2 seconds it normally takes.
I can't say why but just now I downloaded from LOTW and the backup worked just fine.
?????????????

Thanks much

Dave KC3AM

On 03/02/2021 20:19, Scott Davis via groups.io wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the good report.  As long as your record count increases, the back up should continue to work.

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

I have just noticed another problem I have not had before.
ACL is not writing a backup file to Drive "D", the thumb drive I have
designated as the permanent backup file location.

I have formatted a new 2 Gb thumb drive, reset the backup options and
still no backup.

In the past when I have chosen to 'exit' from ACL, not 'X" to close the
program, there was a 1 - 2 second delay before the program actually
closed, now ACL closes immedately.
The regular backup is still being written but this backup is not.

I am running 6.8 and did not try the latest beta test that Scott asked for.
The last proper backup was done on 2-26-21.
--
73, Dave KC3AM Hams should be seen as well as heard

--
73, Dave KC3AM Hams should be seen as well as heard

David Latour

What if I’ve just removed a few dozen dupes? Will it back up or wait till I add new qso?
--
David VE4DL