Topics

New Log

rweiman@...

With 123K QSO in my initial ACLOG I find that creating a new ADIF batch (100+Q’s) for upload to LOTW probably takes longer than it would if the log were smaller. I know, the process can be automated but I’m stuck in my ways.

My questions:

Would it help to create a new (additional) log and if so, how would I do that without destroying what’s already in place?

Could I copy the prior one year’s Q’s to the new log?

Thanks,
Bob, N2UU

Larry Banks

Hi Bob,

It’s much easier to upload directly from ACLog and only upload new contacts.  No need to generate an ADIF file.

Select your new contacts, then: eLogs >> LoTW >> Selected Contacts from Main Form

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Sent: Tuesday, January 19, 2021 13:38
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] New Log

With 123K QSO in my initial ACLOG I find that creating a new ADIF batch (100+Q’s) for upload to LOTW probably takes longer than it would if the log were smaller. I know, the process can be automated but I’m stuck in my ways.

My questions:

Would it help to create a new (additional) log and if so, how would I do that without destroying what’s already in place?

Thanks,
Bob, N2UU

Scott Davis

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your e-mail.  Sure you can export a year's worth of records in ADIF and then click File > New > New database, enter a new file name and import the file.  That said, it is MUCH easier to just become unstuck and use the LoTW features I've worked hard building into AC Log already for you.

In short, instead of doing all of the above, on the LoTW form, simply click All Contacts Not Uploaded.

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Tue, Jan 19, 2021 1:38 pm

My questions:

Thanks,
Bob, N2UU

Mike Olbrisch

One caution here.  That “all contacts not uploaded” only works if you have never been portable anything or anywhere but home.  If you have operated from two or more separate locations, each group of QSOs needs to be uploaded separately using the proper location file containing the proper certificate.

I realize that the majority of hams operate from one home location.  That being the case, Scott’s words are accurate.

Mike – KD5KC -- El Paso -- Texas.

The canyons are calling, colorful and deep.  But I have promises to keep.

And miles to go still in my Jeep...   And miles to go still in my Jeep...

ADVENTURE:  The respectful pursuit of trouble.

An EXIT is really an ENTRANCE to someplace new.

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> On Behalf Of Scott Davis via groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, January 19, 2021 12:52 PM
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] New Log

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your e-mail.  Sure you can export a year's worth of records in ADIF and then click File > New > New database, enter a new file name and import the file.  That said, it is MUCH easier to just become unstuck and use the LoTW features I've worked hard building into AC Log already for you.

In short, instead of doing all of the above, on the LoTW form, simply click All Contacts Not Uploaded.

Enjoy!

73, Scott

N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tue, Jan 19, 2021 1:38 pm

My questions:

Thanks,
Bob, N2UU