Topics

Networking A Desktop Computer And a Laptop Computer For Home Use

Ron Milbourn

Greetings,
I would like to network my desktop computer and laptop computer to my N3FJP database that resides on my desktop computer.  I have watched Scott's videos regarding networking computers for Field Day where a new data base is created that resides on the network that can be accessed by multiple computers.  However I would like to access my current data base that is on my desktop computer that has several years of contacts.  After going to FILE>OPEN>NETWORK I don't see a file that contains my contacts.  Question is: what file do I add to the network that contains my 2 years of data without danger of loosing any of my logged data.  I cannot locate a log data file that contains my logged data.  I don't want to create a new file that will not contain my previous contact data.

Thank you for your help.

Ron, N4KPJ

Scott Davis

Hi Ron,

Thanks for your e-mail.  To see the location of the log file with your QSOs, from the PC running AC Log displaying that data, click File > Show File Locations:

Capture.JPG

That will do the trick.

[...]

Thanks Scott for your help and support.
73, Ron