Topics

Networking A Desktop Computer And a Laptop Computer For Home Use

Ron Milbourn

Greetings,
I would like to network my desktop computer and laptop computer to my N3FJP database that resides on my desktop computer.  I have watched Scott's videos regarding networking computers for Field Day where a new data base is created that resides on the network that can be accessed by multiple computers.  However I would like to access my current data base that is on my desktop computer that has several years of contacts.  After going to FILE>OPEN>NETWORK I don't see a file that contains my contacts.  Question is: what file do I add to the network that contains my 2 years of data without danger of loosing any of my logged data.  I cannot locate a log data file that contains my logged data.  I don't want to create a new file that will not contain my previous contact data.    

Thank you for your help.

Ron, N4KPJ 

Scott Davis

Hi Ron,

Thanks for your e-mail.  To see the location of the log file with your QSOs, from the PC running AC Log displaying that data, click File > Show File Locations:

Capture.JPG

That will do the trick.

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Wed, Oct 14, 2020 9:29 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Networking A Desktop Computer And a Laptop Computer For Home Use

Greetings,
I would like to network my desktop computer and laptop computer to my N3FJP database that resides on my desktop computer.  I have watched Scott's videos regarding networking computers for Field Day where a new data base is created that resides on the network that can be accessed by multiple computers.  However I would like to access my current data base that is on my desktop computer that has several years of contacts.  After going to FILE>OPEN>NETWORK I don't see a file that contains my contacts.  Question is: what file do I add to the network that contains my 2 years of data without danger of loosing any of my logged data.  I cannot locate a log data file that contains my logged data.  I don't want to create a new file that will not contain my previous contact data.    

Thank you for your help.

Ron, N4KPJ 

Ron Milbourn

Thanks Scott for your help and support.
73, Ron
N4KPJ

On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 5:31 AM Scott Davis via groups.io <SNKDavis=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Ron,

Thanks for your e-mail.  To see the location of the log file with your QSOs, from the PC running AC Log displaying that data, click File > Show File Locations:

Capture.JPG

That will do the trick.

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Wed, Oct 14, 2020 9:29 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Networking A Desktop Computer And a Laptop Computer For Home Use

Greetings,

Thank you for your help.

Ron, N4KPJ