Topics

NAQP contest in a few minutes and can't get my FLDIGI to send the contact to the N3FJP log...what am I doing wrong?

Walter Egenmaier

I thought I had everything set up correctly, but after I click on the call, name and state, it all shows up in FLDIGI correctly.
But when I click the save button and go back to N3FJP, there is no log entry.
I'm certain it is a RIGCAT setting done wrong somewhere, but I can't find it.
Please help,
Walt/WB4ZUT

Scott Davis

Hi Walt,

Thanks for your e-mail. Sorry you have run into trouble. Here are the steps for interfacing Fldigi with our software:

http://www.n3fjp.com/help/digitalsetup.html

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

I thought I had everything set up correctly, but after I click on the call, name and state, it all shows up in FLDIGI correctly.
But when I click the save button and go back to N3FJP, there is no log entry.
I'm certain it is a RIGCAT setting done wrong somewhere, but I can't find it.
Please help,
Walt/WB4ZUT

Walter Egenmaier

Never got this to work...entered each contact manually...slowed me down a bit.
I tried the AC Log after and it works perfectly, so not sure what was different in the NAQP log that didn't work.
Walt

Scott Davis

Hi Walt,

Thanks for your e-mail. Next time try Digital Engine. It's very easy to configure with our software. More details here:

http://www.n3fjp.com/help/digitalsetup.html

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

Never got this to work...entered each contact manually...slowed me down a bit.
I tried the AC Log after and it works perfectly, so not sure what was different in the NAQP log that didn't work.
Walt

JoAnn Donaldson

I can vouch for N7YG's Digital Engine (RTTY) and PSKExpress. I have been beta testing some of the recent changes for Jeff. DG really makes it easy to run RTTY Contest. A recent change is he added a feature that if your using Rig Control from inside DG, not only does it send the correct into the the N3FPJ Contest Logger like Call, Name, and etc but will also change the band on the Contest Logger when you tell your Rig to change bands from the builtin Rig Control.

JoAnn Donaldson
AB8YZ

On Monday, March 1, 2021, 6:22:51 PM CST, Scott Davis via groups.io <snkdavis@...> wrote:

Hi Walt,

Thanks for your e-mail. Next time try Digital Engine. It's very easy to configure with our software. More details here:

http://www.n3fjp.com/help/digitalsetup.html

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

Never got this to work...entered each contact manually...slowed me down a bit.
I tried the AC Log after and it works perfectly, so not sure what was different in the NAQP log that didn't work.
Walt

Walter Egenmaier

DG sent the correct frequency with no problems...it just never sent the call, name, and State like it should. After the contest, I opened up the AC Log and tried sending fake calls from DG and it worked perfectly...so it seems I set something wrong in the NAQP log and couldn't find it, so I had to enter all calls manually.