Topics

N7YG Engine Error

Mark Erbaugh

I can't find an email for N7YG, hopefully he is reading this group or someone can forward this to him.

I downloaded the N7YG DE installer from the website and tried to install it. When I launch it, I get a window with the error text and instructions to email it to the developers:

[Erase this text and add any additional information for the developers, above the line]
Product Name:      N7YGDigitalEngine
Product Version:   6.3.4.2

Loaded Assembly:   AudioSwitcher.AudioApi, Version=3.0.0.209, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=fda5729e2db3a64f
Loaded Assembly:   AudioSwitcher.AudioApi.CoreAudio, Version=3.0.0.209, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=fda5729e2db3a64f
Loaded Assembly:   AxInterop.MMVARILib, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Loaded Assembly:   IconRoutines, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Loaded Assembly:   N3FJP, Version=1.3.2.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Loaded Assembly:   Newtonsoft.Json, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed
Loaded Assembly:   nucs.JsonSettings, Version=1.0.7.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

OS Name:       Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
OS Version:    10.0.19041.0
OS Platform:       x64
Physical Memory:   12.49GB / 15.96GB (Free / Total)
Virtual Memory:    1.70GB / 2.00GB (Free / Total)

Error Output:
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at N7YGDigitalEngine.Form1.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\n7yg\OneDrive\Visual Studio Projects\N7YGDigitalEngine\N7YGDigitalEngine\Form1.vb:line 471
   at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Jeff Steinkamp

Is this a first time install?  Did you first get the window to fill in your personal information  or did the exception dialog popup immediately.
my email is n7yg@...

--
Jeff K. Steinkamp (N7YG)
Tucson, AZ

Mark Erbaugh

Jeff,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not 100% sure about the install history.  I had had DE installed on my computer from a while back, but Windows couldn't find it, although there was a hidden D:\N7DG folder. So I downloaded and ran the installer. The message popped up before any requests for personal information.

I used Windows to uninstall the application and then manually deleted the N7DG folder. I ran the installer and selected both the options to display the revision history and to launch the program. The revision history was displayed and when I closed that window, the error window was on the screen underneath it. Again, no prompt for personal information.

73,

Mark

Jeff Steinkamp

Go to this folder: C:\Users\Public\Documents\N7YGDigitalEngine

rename the file DEconfig.json to DEconfig.json.bak

This will eliminate the current configuration file.  Now run the program and you should start with a clean slate.

Mark Erbaugh wrote on 2/13/2021 11:55:

[...]

K9PLX Chuck

I’m getting the same thing, but after install. I have one macro that only contains <TX> and every time I try to invoke it the program dies with a similar window.

Other macros beginning with <TX> but also containing other instructions work just fine.

Now that I have your email address I will send you a copy of the error report.

Thanks.

Chuck K9PLX

----- No matter where you go, there you are.

On Feb 13, 2021, 13:33 -0600, Jeff Steinkamp <n7yg@...>, wrote:
[...]

Apparently I don't have the email...
Here is the error report:
Product Name:      N7YGDigitalEngine
Product Version:   6.3.4.2

Loaded Assembly:   AudioSwitcher.AudioApi, Version=3.0.0.209, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=fda5729e2db3a64f
Loaded Assembly:   AudioSwitcher.AudioApi.CoreAudio, Version=3.0.0.209, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=fda5729e2db3a64f
Loaded Assembly:   AxInterop.MMVARILib, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Loaded Assembly:   gTrackBar, Version=1.0.8.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Loaded Assembly:   IconRoutines, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Loaded Assembly:   Interop.MMVARILib, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Loaded Assembly:   N3FJP, Version=1.3.2.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Loaded Assembly:   Newtonsoft.Json, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed
Loaded Assembly:   nucs.JsonSettings, Version=1.0.7.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Loaded Assembly:   RigClient, Version=1.2.2.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Loaded Assembly:   SerialComm, Version=1.1.5.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

OS Name:       Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
OS Version:    10.0.19041.0
OS Platform:       x64
Physical Memory:   0.98GB / 5.92GB (Free / Total)
Virtual Memory:    1.66GB / 2.00GB (Free / Total)

Error Output:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.AppendText(String text)
   at N7YGDigitalEngine.Form1.CompileMacro(String macrotext) in C:\Users\n7yg\OneDrive\Visual Studio Projects\N7YGDigitalEngine\N7YGDigitalEngine\Form1.vb:line 854
   at N7YGDigitalEngine.Form1.MacroButton_MouseUp(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e) in C:\Users\n7yg\OneDrive\Visual Studio Projects\N7YGDigitalEngine\N7YGDigitalEngine\Form1.vb:line 735
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
=====
¯\__/¯ Whatever.

On Sat, Feb 13, 2021 at 3:32 PM K9PLX Chuck via groups.io <dark.asteroid=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Thanks. That worked.

73,

Mark

Scott Davis

Hi  Guys,

You will find Jeff's N7YG Digital Engine support group here:

https://groups.io/g/pskexpress

Thanks!

[...]

Bob Smallwood

For me, it threw the error when I tried to close the N3FJP audit window...