N3FJP Country Files - 21 July 2021

Jim Reisert AD1C

There are new country files for ACLog and related software by N3FJP.

To update the country files from the logging program menu, select:

Files -> Download Country Files From AD1C

You should download all three files. When done, you can re-start your
logging program.

Manual installation instructions are here:

https://www.country-files.com/n3fjp-info/

Here are the release notes:

https://www.country-files.com/n3fjp-21-july-2021/

N3FJP - 21 July 2021
Version entity is Vanuatu, YJ

Added/changed Entities/Prefixes/Callsigns:

* EA1RCI/YC is Spain, EA
* EA6LU/P is Balearic Islands, EA6
* I2DMK/MI is Italy, I
* JQ1CJK/P is Ogasawara, JD/o
* KH6JRL is United States, K in CQ zone 3, ITU zone 6
* KH6DLK/0 is United States, K in CQ zone 4, ITU zone 7
* NH7QH, NH7XJ and WP4KBX are all United States, K in CQ zone 5, ITU zone 8
* KH6HQ is Guam, KH2
* KE8CCS is Alaska, KL
* KO4KSF is Puerto Rico, KP4
* OH0SCA/8 and OH6UW/S are both Finland, OH
* RN9N/1 is in ITU zone 19, not ITU zone 29
* RV1CC/P is in ITU zone 29, not ITU zone 19
* R9GM/M, RA9USU/4, RV9WB/M and UB8S/P are all European Russia, UA
* R3OG/2 is Kaliningrad, UA2
* UA9UAX/M is in ITU zone 20, not ITU zone 30
* R5QA/M is in ITU zone 32, not ITU zone 31
* R8MZ/9 is in ITU zone 32, not ITU zone 30
* R8MZ/9 is in CQ zone 23, not CQ zone 18
* RN9N/M, UA9APA/P and UA9CDC/M are all Asiatic Russia, UA9
* R7AB/M and R7AB/P are both Asiatic Russia, UA9 in CQ zone 16
* RA4FRH/9/M is Asiatic Russia, UA9 in CQ zone 18, ITU zone 31
* R800SAN is Asiatic Russia, UA9 in CQ zone 18, ITU zone 32
* UB8JDH/0 is Asiatic Russia, UA9 in CQ zone 19
* R0HQ, R0MR/P, R3BY/P and RU5D/P are all Asiatic Russia, UA9 in CQ zone 19, ITU zone 34
* R0FK/POLE is Asiatic Russia, UA9 in CQ zone 40
* VK4FDJL/8 is Australia, VK in CQ zone 29, ITU zone 55

Removed Entities/Prefixes/Callsigns:

* KK6KO/KC4 in Antarctica, CE9
* EA6LU/P in Spain, EA
* EA5EZ in Balearic Islands, EA6
* R7AB/M, R7AB/P, RN9N/M and UA9APA/P in European Russia, UA
* RV9WB/M and UB8S/P in Asiatic Russia, UA9

If you have any questions, send E-mail to Jim Reisert AD1C (at the
address below) or make a post to the N3FJP software users reflector.

73 - Jim AD1C

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, https://www.ad1c.us

Fred, W9KEY

Jim - thanks for posting and your continuing work maintaining the list!!  Much appreciated!

As a suggestion to Scott - It would be "nice" if there was some type of automatic AC Log alert generated, advising each time a new Country File was available.

I'm guessing the vast majority of AC Log users probably get that file during their initial program setup --- but never think about or realize newer versions might be available.
I know I didn't until seeing your recent reminders in this Groups.io forum.  I was probably using a 12-18 month old file.  For those just reading this for the first time - Entering "VERSION" into the Call Sign field, followed by the TAB key returns the version file country code name (now "Vanuatu") - then don't forget to hit "ESC" to avoid entering that as a logged QSO.

73 ..... Fred,  W9KEY

Pat Whelton

Fred.  I received three (3) email’s alerting me to and update to the countries list.  One of these emails refers to the DX4WIN program, one refers to ACLog and the other refers to the Country Files.  In addition every time I receive these three (3) emails I also receive an email from N3FJP alerting me to the change.

Perhaps you have been deleting these emails?

73,

Pat – KZ5J

Jim - thanks for posting and your continuing work maintaining the list!!  Much appreciated!

As a suggestion to Scott - It would be "nice" if there was some type of automatic AC Log alert generated, advising each time a new Country File was available.

I'm guessing the vast majority of AC Log users probably get that file during their initial program setup --- but never think about or realize newer versions might be available.
I know I didn't until seeing your recent reminders in this Groups.io forum.  I was probably using a 12-18 month old file.  For those just reading this for the first time - Entering "VERSION" into the Call Sign field, followed by the TAB key returns the version file country code name (now "Vanuatu") - then don't forget to hit "ESC" to avoid entering that as a logged QSO.

73 ..... Fred,  W9KEY

Larry N8QNM

I've made it a habit of downloading the country files, closing the N3FJP program then restarting it every day I use the suite of programs. I do this whether I get an email or not. Now that would be nice option. Right up there with the recent change checking for an updated program.

Larry N8QNM

Jim Shorney

As well as ACLog, Jim's emails here are a cue to update country files for WSJT-X and Fldigi as well. It can be done, it's in the docs! DXLab has it's own notification method, but sometimes it cues me in to look for an update here....

73

-Jim
NU0C