n1mm+ qsos don't import correctly

kb9lgs

I am having a problem that my n1mm+ qsos don't import into ACLOG correctly. When a
station that is in Alaska or hawaii or etc which are separate dxcc entities are worked in qso
parties and they are out of the their home location then I can have a problem. Specifically if
they are in the target state and therefore give out a county instead of a state as the exchange
then when ACLOG imports the ADIF file it assigns the state and country as being the dxcc
entety. Example nl7wa is in florida and gives out henderson country N1MM+ figures out that
he is florida and lists the state as being Florida. When the ADIF file is imported with this qso
the state becomes Alaska.

--
Ray Todd Stevens Specializing in Network and Security Consulting
Senior Consultant Stevens Services

Thought for the day:
Communist (n): one who has given up all hope
of becoming a Capitalist.

Scott Davis

Hi Ray,

Thanks for your e-mail.  I'm sorry that you have run into trouble.  As Long as N1MM+ is properly exporting the entity with the correct DXCC number, the entity will import fine.  If N1MM+ doesn't include the DXCC entity, AC Log attempts to determine the entity based on the call sign.

For example, when an exporting program exports a call in the USA, it the DXCC tag should look like this:

<Call:6>KB9LGS
<Country:3>USA
<DXCC:3>291

And from Alaska, like this:

<Call:4>KL7B
<Country:6>Alaska
<DXCC:1>6

If you are not seeing those tags in your ADIF export file when you open it in Notepad, or they are incorrectly mapped, you will need to touch base with the N1MM folks on that.

Be well and enjoy!

[...]

On 7 May 2021 at 10:06, Scott Davis via groups.io wrote:

N1mm+ doesn't include the dxcc number. That might be part of the problem. But it does
include the state and the proper state. ACLOG is then overwriting the proper state with an
incorrect one. It appears that it is doing exactly what you say and trying to lookup the dxcc
entry, but then placing that in both fields and overwrites the correct information. As an
example nl7wa was in henderson county in floorida for the florida qso party the export record
has his state listed as FL. But on import his country becomes AK which I understand the no
information and the guess, but his state also became AK over writing the FL. If the import
just didn't overwrite the state it would be much easier to deal with. It would be nice if the
import actually made note that there was a discrepancy.

Hi Ray,
Thanks for your e-mail.  I'm sorry that you have run into trouble.  As Long as N1MM+ is properly exporting the entity with the correct DXCC number, the entity will import fine.  If N1MM+ doesn't include the DXCC entity, AC Log attempts to determine the entity based on the call sign.
For example, when an exporting program exports a call in the USA, it the DXCC tag should look like this:
<Call:6>KB9LGS<Country:3>USA
<DXCC:3>291

And from Alaska, like this:
<Call:4>KL7B<Country:6>Alaska
<DXCC:1>6
If you are not seeing those tags in your ADIF export file when you open it in Notepad, or they are incorrectly mapped, you will need to touch base with the N1MM folks on that.

Be well and enjoy!
73, ScottN3FJP
http://www.n3fjp.com

https://www.avg.com

--
Ray Todd Stevens Specializing in Network and Security Consulting
Senior Consultant Stevens Services
raytodd@kiva.net
308 Kentucky Hollow Rd (812) 279-9394
Bedford, IN 47421

Thought for the day:
Bagpipes (n): an octopus wearing a kilt.

Scott Davis

Hi Ray,

Thanks for your follow up.  AC Log doesn't overwrite any existing data on import.  N1MM+ should include the DXCC entity code number in their output as detailed here:

https://www.adif.org/312/ADIF_312.htm#DXCC_Entity_Code_Enumeration

If you click Edit > Fill Fields Determined by Call, that will fill fields from Callbook lookup data.