Topics

My_Gridsquare info

Marlo Montanaro - KA2IRQ

I need a little clarification on where some data is getting populated from.

A friend of mine is using ACLog V6.6.  He will export his entire log into an ADIF file and import it to a web site that plots all the grid squares he has worked.  The weird thing is that the site centers itself on his grid square, which it seems to think is MN30 in eastern Europe.  His correct grid is FN20 in New Jersey (as is mine).

When I open the ADIF file in Notepad, many of the individual records have a field called My_Gridsquare and it in fact shows his grid as MN30.  I poked all over ACLog to see where it is getting this info from and I can't find any field named My_Gridsquare or anywhere in the software where a field is populated with MN30.

I'm using ACLog V6.7 and when I do an export the My_Gridsquare field is correctly populated with FN20.

The weird thing is that not every QSO record in the database has a My_Gridsquare field.

Any insight to this?

73 and thanks,
Marlo - KA2IRQ

Mel Marcus

I have an idea for  you. see my attachment. see where is says -87, check to see that there is a minus sign there.  if it is a + or blank it would put you on the other side of the world

Mel
NE9A

[...]

Thanks- good idea but we checked that (sorry, I forgot to mention that in my original post).  We did double check that his Lat/Long was correct.

73,

Marlo - KA2IRQ

Mel Marcus

next question, where does lotw get its grid square information

Thanks- good idea but we checked that (sorry, I forgot to mention that in my original post).  We did double check that his Lat/Long was correct.

73,
Marlo - KA2IRQ

Scott Davis

Hi Marlo,

Thanks for your e-mail.  You can add your gridsquare in AC Log 6.7 by clicking Settings > Setup.  Keep in mind, this will be recorded with each new QSO, but will not affect previously logged QSOs.

[...]

Jeff Steinkamp

If the longitude sign was reversed, then the Grid square would be MN70.

You would need to look into the source file which is the actual database file to see what is stored in that file for each record.  IF you have MS Access on your computer, you should be able to open that file and have a look at the logbook records to see what that field is populated with.

--
Jeff K. Steinkamp (N7YG)
Tucson, AZ

Larry Banks

Hi Mel,

From your location in TQSL.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

next question, where does lotw get its grid square information

From: "Marlo Montanaro - KA2IRQ" <ka2irq@...>
Date: Sun, September 20, 2020 10:46 pm
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io

Thanks- good idea but we checked that (sorry, I forgot to mention that in my original post).  We did double check that his Lat/Long was correct.

73,

Marlo - KA2IRQ

Marlo Montanaro - KA2IRQ

My friend's location in TQSL is absolutely correct and has been correct from the beginning.  Additionally, I never mentioned anything about TQSL or LoTW.  There is no reason his location file would think he is in Russia and since he never operates portable, he has no need for more than one location file.

OK, obviously, no one seems to know where My_Gridsquare gets populated from in V6.6.  I'll get him to upgrade to V6.7 and enter the Gridsquare parameter in Setup and hopefully that will fix it going forward.

73,
Marlo - KA2IRQ

Larry Stowell K1ZW

Hey Mike

I just followed your e-mail and updated TQSL and it's 2.5.2 ? and the config file is V11.9?

73 Larry K1ZW

On 9/21/2020 9:41 AM, Mike Olbrisch wrote:

[...]

Well sir, I just don’t know.

I know I am aging, but I see 2.5.5 in the NEWS and NOTES section of the LoTW page.  Not sure why you are seeing 2.5.2.  Did you go through the upgrade steps?

Mike – KD5KC -- El Paso -- Texas.

From: "Marlo Montanaro - KA2IRQ" <ka2irq@...>
Date: Sun, September 20, 2020 10:46 pm
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io

Thanks- good idea but we checked that (sorry, I forgot to mention that in my original post).  We did double check that his Lat/Long was correct.

73,

Marlo - KA2IRQ

AI3KS

Larry,

I just checked mine and it agrees with Mike.

If I remember correctly, I had to go the the ARRL website and download the latest TQSL. It did not update automatically.

Steve, AI3KS

On 20/09/21 10:36, Larry Stowell K1ZW wrote:

[...]

Thanks Steve

It goes to LoTW to get the update. I apparently had an old version and it had to do it in 2 steps.

All is well now

Larry K1ZW