From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> on behalf of John Kintz via groups.io <asheville307@...>
Sent: Thursday, December 24, 2020 3:49:18 PM
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Multiple ACLOG layouts

Seasons Greetings to all.

New user here.  I'd like to use ACLOG for ham contacts as well as logging my Civil Air Patrol (CAP) VHF net stations.  The CAP log requires very few fields from the rather extensive field list found in ACLOG and I'm wondering how I might be able to create and maintain a more streamlined version of  ACLOG, in addition to the "normal" ACLOG application.  Thus far, I have been able to create separate log files for ham contacts and CAP contacts, but I haven't seen any way to have separate log screens (with a different set of fields) for the two different uses.

Is this even possible?  Suggestions?

Michael WA7SKG

Have you looked at the Net tab at the top of ACLog? It brings up a simple screen with a few fields. Good for taking in checkins for a net. Open a separate database for CAP stuff.

Michael WA7SKG

John Kintz wrote on 12/24/20 12:49 PM:

Seasons Greetings to all.
New user here.  I'd like to use ACLOG for ham contacts as well as logging my Civil Air Patrol (CAP) VHF net stations.  The CAP log requires very few fields from the rather extensive field list found in ACLOG and I'm wondering how I might be able to create and maintain a more streamlined version of  ACLOG, in addition to the "normal" ACLOG application.  Thus far, I have been able to create separate log files for ham contacts and CAP contacts, but I haven't seen any way to have separate log screens (with a different set of fields) for the two different uses.
Is this even possible?  Suggestions?
_._,_._,_

John Kintz

Yes...  I already have established one database for the Net check=ins and another for the regular ham contacts.  I would prefer to customize the Net screen and associated fields, but that does not appear to be possible.  Alternatively, I could modify the standard ACLOG screen for Net use - but the screens appear to be common to the databases and whatever changes are made to one are reflected on the other.

John AC4JK

John Kintz

I tried this as well, but it appears that ACLOG only allows one install per PC.  When I attempt to install another instance (in a different folder), ACLOG only allows modification or removal.  Is there a workaround for this?

John AC4JK

Scott Davis

Hi John,,

Thanks for your follow up.  Yes, this FAQ can be applied to your use case as well:

http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q92

If you wish to have both iterations access the same log file, just save the file in a location accessible to both and point each iteration to the same file (File > Open).