Topics

Multi Radio Set Up In AC Log

Jamie GOLLY

Hi Scott, I am setting up AC Log for a multi radio configuration and came across a few things that might be able to be address within coding.

The scenario below is with a Yaesu FT991A and a Kenwood TS 2000X set up in AC Log as a multi radio and the Kenwood not being plugged in at the time the issues were noticed.

1. N3FJP is slow to load when radio is not active and plugged into com port 
(Com port 7 is not active on computer)

2. N3FJP halts radio rig interface at old existing radio build (Kenwood TS 2000) and does not revert back to previous active radio ( Yaesu FT 991A) with active com port

3. N3FJP multi rig halts, and shows inactive rig (Kenwood TS 2000 com 7,not active) and does not allow radio swap (ctrl+x) to switch to active radio

4. N3FJP multi rig does not poll in order (Radio 1 should be active and polled first, radio 2 if not plugged in should be ignored since com port is not active)

I currently use a Yaesu 991A and a Kenwood TS 2000X.  The 991A uses comport 3, and the Kenwood uses com 7.  If I have my Kenwood off and unplugged, com 7 does not exist and is not in use. My 991A is connected, and stays as com 3, and won't default or poll to the correct radio and attempts to use the Kenwood Com 7 port as active and throws an error.

If selected rig is my active radio (991A) then there are no issues with loading, or polling.  If the Kenwood is selected as rig (not in multi rig), the program basically grinds to a halt.

Thanks for all that you guys do for us!!!

Jamie
K6NGN

Scott Davis

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for the report. The only reason we can think of for the slowness is that the com port is not accessible. We appreciate your thoughts and observations.

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Sent: Sun, Feb 21, 2021 5:19 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Multi Radio Set Up In AC Log

Hi Scott, I am setting up AC Log for a multi radio configuration and came across a few things that might be able to be address within coding.

The scenario below is with a Yaesu FT991A and a Kenwood TS 2000X set up in AC Log as a multi radio and the Kenwood not being plugged in at the time the issues were noticed.

1. N3FJP is slow to load when radio is not active and plugged into com port 
(Com port 7 is not active on computer)

2. N3FJP halts radio rig interface at old existing radio build (Kenwood TS 2000) and does not revert back to previous active radio ( Yaesu FT 991A) with active com port

3. N3FJP multi rig halts, and shows inactive rig (Kenwood TS 2000 com 7,not active) and does not allow radio swap (ctrl+x) to switch to active radio

4. N3FJP multi rig does not poll in order (Radio 1 should be active and polled first, radio 2 if not plugged in should be ignored since com port is not active)

I currently use a Yaesu 991A and a Kenwood TS 2000X.  The 991A uses comport 3, and the Kenwood uses com 7.  If I have my Kenwood off and unplugged, com 7 does not exist and is not in use. My 991A is connected, and stays as com 3, and won't default or poll to the correct radio and attempts to use the Kenwood Com 7 port as active and throws an error.

If selected rig is my active radio (991A) then there are no issues with loading, or polling.  If the Kenwood is selected as rig (not in multi rig), the program basically grinds to a halt.

Thanks for all that you guys do for us!!!

Jamie
K6NGN