Topics

Moving Log Data to a New PC

Timothy Eklin

I recently upgraded my PC including a new hard drive. So, I made a full ADIF log file export and saved a .mdb backup file as well which captured the status of the logs just prior to pulling the plug on the old machine.

So, here's my question: Are there any differences between using these files (ADIF v. mdb) to restore my logs? I did a quick test of both approaches and didn't see any differences that were obvious to me. However, I want to be sure that I'm making the best decision regarding the file restoration.

73 Tim W8JJ

Scott Davis

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your e-mail.  The ADIF file includes all the fields in your .mdb file.

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Sun, Jan 31, 2021 4:41 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Moving Log Data to a New PC

I recently upgraded my PC including a new hard drive. So, I made a full ADIF log file export and saved a .mdb backup file as well which captured the status of the logs just prior to pulling the plug on the old machine.

So, here's my question: Are there any differences between using these files (ADIF v. mdb) to restore my logs? I did a quick test of both approaches and didn't see any differences that were obvious to me. However, I want to be sure that I'm making the best decision regarding the file restoration.

73 Tim W8JJ