Moving contact log data to new computer

KG5KS

Moving Amateur Contact Log to different computer and going to export all the data.  Noticed that defaults to one of the many fields to check to do this.  What fields do I select or ??  I have digital and SSB contacts.  Just want to make sure I get everything done right.

Thank you
KG5KS

Scott Davis

Hi KG5KS,

Thanks for your e-mail.  Unless you have logged some QSOs as PH and you want to keep them that way, which is unlikely (you probably want SSB anyway), you can just go with the mode mapping defaults.  If you want to ensure that all mode values are unchanged, deselect all the mode mapping options.  Complete details on moving AC Log to a new PC are here:

http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q43

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Sat, Jun 12, 2021 12:22 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Moving contact log data to new computer

Moving Amateur Contact Log to different computer and going to export all the data.  Noticed that defaults to one of the many fields to check to do this.  What fields do I select or ??  I have digital and SSB contacts.  Just want to make sure I get everything done right.

Thank you
KG5KS