Mode on Cabrillo File for VHF Contest Log Version 6.6

Steve R

I wrote my Cabrillo file for upload and observed that all my DIG contacts were written as RY not DG. Was there a setting that I missed before writing?  I can run a find and replace easily just wondered if I missed something. I did not see this for the WFD log. 
(BTW the adi files were written correctly as mode DIG).

Steve
VA3FLF

Scott Davis

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your e-mail.  RY designates RTTY and DG designates other digital modes.  If you only logged as digital without rig interface returning the proper mode, or didn't use the Mode Override option (Mode > Mode Override), the software will default to RY.  

You can export the data in ADIF, correct the Mode field (NOT the ModeTST field - leave that as DIG) and reimport.

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Mon, Jun 14, 2021 4:46 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Mode on Cabrillo File for VHF Contest Log Version 6.6

I wrote my Cabrillo file for upload and observed that all my DIG contacts were written as RY not DG. Was there a setting that I missed before writing?  I can run a find and replace easily just wondered if I missed something. I did not see this for the WFD log. 
(BTW the adi files were written correctly as mode DIG).

Steve
VA3FLF

Steve R

Thanks Scott...I was not aware of mode override. I did not have time to set up rig control since this was a new laptop.

I used find and replace in the Cabrillo this time (RY to DG). Uploaded to ARRL no problem.

Steve
VA3FLF