Missing DXCC value...

ShawnP

Good morning!

I recently imported a contest log file from another program and I noticed several records weren't assigned a DXCC value in ACLOG. It appears that the value is assigned Based on matching name(s) in the Country file list.  Specifically, Canary Islands & Fed. Rep. of Germany did not receive a DXCC value.

What is the best way to correct and not risk corrupting my log? Can a create an ADIF file with those records with the missing DXCC value, correct them, and then import them?

This isn't a huge deal, but I spent many years fighting/fixing missing/incorrect data at work (as well as eliminating/consolidating multiple locations of the same  data) and my OCD has been triggered! :)

--

Thanks,
Shawn

Mel Marcus

Hi Shawn

I think I have an easy fix for you. You seem to indicate that it is just a few records. if it is this is how I would do it.
1) highlight the individual record
2)edit
3)more
4)change  the value in "dxcc adif #"
5)done

hope this helps

Mel
NE9A

[...]

Here is a list of dxcc entity numbers if you do not have them:

Mel

I recently imported a contest log file from another program and I
noticed several records weren't assigned a DXCC value in ACLOG. It
appears that the value is assigned Based on matching name(s) in the
Country file list.  Specifically, Canary Islands & Fed. Rep. of Germany
did not receive a DXCC value.

What is the best way to correct and not risk corrupting my log? Can a
create an ADIF file with those records with the missing DXCC value,
correct them, and then import them?

This isn't a huge deal, but I spent many years fighting/fixing
missing/incorrect data at work (as well as eliminating/consolidating
multiple locations of the same  data) and my OCD has been triggered! :)

--

Thanks,
Shawn
KI5GX

ShawnP

Thanks Mel.  Never clicked the More button!  It is only a few, so this will work great.

ShawnP

Got'em :)  Working on entering some old paper logs into an spreadsheet, convert to ADIF then import, so I have worked from that list, prefix lists, bureau lists, and good old google.  Kind of fun going through the old logs though - wish I had take better notes and written neater.