Minimum requirements

Tom & Barb Valosin

Hello anyone at the FJP team.

Our club is considering procurement of several (4 or 5) computers to be used for club activity contests and community activities including any RACES/ARES activation's.

We sure don't have a "bunch of bucks" so what would you folks consider "minimum requirements" for the operating system to have to accommodate the N3FJP logging package?

Tom, WB2KLD

Scott Davis

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your e-mail.  All our programs will run on Windows 7 through Windows 10.  PCs capable of supporting these operating systems will more than meet the hardware requirements to run our software. 

Some Internet functions, such as downloading from LoTW, require Windows 7 with current Windows updates or later Windows operating systems.

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Sun, Jul 25, 2021 9:09 am
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Minimum requirements

Our club is considering procurement of several (4 or 5) computers to be
used for club activity contests and community activities including any
RACES/ARES activation's.

We sure don't have a "bunch of bucks" so what would you folks consider
"minimum requirements" for the operating system to have to accommodate
the N3FJP logging package?

Tom, WB2KLD

Dave Edwards

If you're SURE nothing else will be chugging on them, I'd go for the cheapest you can find, that still has a good 'feel' keyboard. Ham logging is not very demanding of processor power, so just shop for the screen size you like, and a keyboard you can live with.

My thoughts anyway!!

....Dave  KD2E

On 7/25/21 9:09 AM, Tom & Barb Valosin wrote:

Our club is considering procurement of several (4 or 5) computers to be used for club activity contests and community activities including any RACES/ARES activation's.

We sure don't have a "bunch of bucks" so what would you folks consider "minimum requirements" for the operating system to have to accommodate the N3FJP logging package?

Tom, WB2KLD

Gary

Dave speaks the truth. You don't need a lot of horsepower. My club has purchased several of the Lenovo ThinkCentre 'Tiny' series computers. I can verify they run N3FJP nicely while also running the WSJT programs. We were able to verify they do this while consuming less than 65 Watts, which is nice when in the field.

Joe kk0sd

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> On Behalf Of Dave Edwards
Sent: Sunday, July 25, 2021 9:00 AM
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Minimum requirements

If you're SURE nothing else will be chugging on them, I'd go for the cheapest you can find, that still has a good 'feel' keyboard. Ham logging is not very demanding of processor power, so just shop for the screen size you like, and a keyboard you can live with.

My thoughts anyway!!

....Dave  KD2E

Our club is considering procurement of several (4 or 5) computers to
be used for club activity contests and community activities including
any RACES/ARES activation's.

Tom, WB2KLD

Tom & Barb Valosin

Thanks Kimberly,

I did not express myself well. I know the programs are window friendly - what I was wondering was how "big" a HD is needed. I know you don't need super big memory but what would you consider a minimum?

Thanks,

Tom

On 7/25/2021 9:13 AM, Scott Davis via groups.io wrote:
Hi Tom,

Thanks for your e-mail.  All our programs will run on Windows 7 through Windows 10.  PCs capable of supporting these operating systems will more than meet the hardware requirements to run our software. 

Some Internet functions, such as downloading from LoTW, require Windows 7 with current Windows updates or later Windows operating systems.

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

Sent: Sun, Jul 25, 2021 9:09 am
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Minimum requirements

Our club is considering procurement of several (4 or 5) computers to be
used for club activity contests and community activities including any
RACES/ARES activation's.

Tom, WB2KLD

Tom & Barb Valosin

Dave & Gary - Thanks for that input.

Tom

On 7/25/2021 10:26 AM, Gary wrote:
Dave speaks the truth. You don't need a lot of horsepower. My club has purchased several of the Lenovo ThinkCentre 'Tiny' series computers. I can verify they run N3FJP nicely while also running the WSJT programs. We were able to verify they do this while consuming less than 65 Watts, which is nice when in the field.

Joe kk0sd

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> On Behalf Of Dave Edwards
Sent: Sunday, July 25, 2021 9:00 AM
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Minimum requirements

My thoughts anyway!!

....Dave  KD2E

Our club is considering procurement of several (4 or 5) computers to
be used for club activity contests and community activities including
any RACES/ARES activation's.

Tom, WB2KLD