Topics

Menu Font Issue on New PC

Paul AC9O

I know this has been addressed before, but I don't see a solution.

I have upgraded to a new PC and when setting up the fonts, I was able to change most of them as I like.

However, the menu fonts and some other messages (like where the QRZ and LoTW messages come out) are too big and are cut off.

I tried the reset to default, and went into Windows setting and couldn't find anything that worked.

Hope you have found a solution. Sorry if I didn't find one already out there.

Thank you and 73
Paul, AC9O

Scott Davis

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your e-mail.  In your Windows display settings, set your Scale & Layout font display to 100%:

Capture.JPG

That should do the trick.

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Wed, Nov 25, 2020 4:51 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Menu Font Issue on New PC

I know this has been addressed before, but I don't see a solution.

I have upgraded to a new PC and when setting up the fonts, I was able to change most of them as I like.

However, the menu fonts and some other messages (like where the QRZ and LoTW messages come out) are too big and are cut off.

I tried the reset to default, and went into Windows setting and couldn't find anything that worked.

Hope you have found a solution. Sorry if I didn't find one already out there.

Thank you and 73
Paul, AC9O

Paul AC9O

Thanks for the quick response Scott.

It's already at that setting. I tried changing it and then back again and it didn't make a difference.

Also, I noticed that when I resize the window vertically, it cuts off the bottom of text in those areas.

Note that I don't use it full screen as I have a very large monitor. If I reset it, then it's MONSTER size!

73 and Happy Thanksgiving.
Paul, AC9O

Scott Davis

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your follow up.  I didn't realize you weren't running AC Log full screen.  Click Settings > Appearance > Form Size and enter a smaller percentage.  You can still drag the edges after doing so for additional resizing to your preference, but starting with a smaller percentage to begin with will get you more in the ball park.

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

Sent: Wed, Nov 25, 2020 6:42 pm
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Menu Font Issue on New PC

Thanks for the quick response Scott.

It's already at that setting. I tried changing it and then back again and it didn't make a difference.

Also, I noticed that when I resize the window vertically, it cuts off the bottom of text in those areas.

Note that I don't use it full screen as I have a very large monitor. If I reset it, then it's MONSTER size!

73 and Happy Thanksgiving.
Paul, AC9O

Paul AC9O

Thanks Scott, that made it work much nicer. I didn't even know about that setting.

It doesn't seem to have any effect on some sub-windows, like the LoTW, Awards, etc. Those still come out full screen.

Not an issue, just an observation.

Thanks and 73,
Paul, AC9O

Scott Davis

Thanks for the good report Paul!

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Sent: Fri, Nov 27, 2020 5:06 pm
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Menu Font Issue on New PC

Thanks Scott, that made it work much nicer. I didn't even know about that setting.

It doesn't seem to have any effect on some sub-windows, like the LoTW, Awards, etc. Those still come out full screen.

Not an issue, just an observation.

Thanks and 73,
Paul, AC9O