Topics

Mass Update?

WA7WS

I have edited my logs to remove the data supplied by the native call book for submission to POTA.  I shouldn't have done that.  I've only done that on about a third of my submissions.. but

I'd like to get the COMMENTS info put back into my main log.  Is there a way to get that restored w/o all of the other fields that seem to be specific to N3FJP.. like computer id's etc?

Gary Woods

On Sun, 28 Feb 2021 05:47:16 -0800, you wrote:

Is there a way to get that restored w/o all of the other fields that seem to be specific to N3FJP.. like computer id's etc? _._,_._,_
ACLog makes a backup whenever it's closed (or you ask it to). Check
settings to see where the backups are put and perhaps open one dated
appropriately, export selected contacts, import them back into the
main database. Dunno how to remove the "right" dupes; somebody else
can chime in.
--
Gary Woods O- K2AHC Public keys at home.earthlink.net/~garygarlic, or get 0x1D64A93D via keyserver
fingerprint = E2 6F 50 93 7B C7 F3 CA 1F 8B 3C C0 B0 28 68

Jim Shorney

FWIW, you don't need to do this. The POTA database simply ignores data that it does not use.

73 & 44,

-Jim
NU0C

Zero District POTA Area Coordinator
http://www.parksontheair.com/
Zero and Seven Districts WWFF-KFF Log Manager
https://wwffkff.wordpress.com/

"WA7WS" <chipz40@hotmail.com> wrote:

I have edited my logs to remove the data supplied by the native call book for submission to POTA.

WA7WS

Thanks Jim.. Yes, I understand that about the POTA.. but, I'm keeping two variations of the log.. One that are submissions to POTA and the other is a general log.. and that's the one I like to keep the Comments with the full info on the contact.

Gary, I'll have to check the backups you mention... thanks

Otherwise.. I'm guessing there is no way to fill out these Comments except as new contacts.

Bill WA7WS

Andy Barnes

When I need to edit my logs for POTA.  I open the file in ADIF Master and of all my mods there then save and submit to POTA.

Just my fix.

Andy, W5KZJ

On Sun, Feb 28, 2021 at 7:47 AM WA7WS <chipz40@...> wrote:
I have edited my logs to remove the data supplied by the native call book for submission to POTA.  I shouldn't have done that.  I've only done that on about a third of my submissions.. but

I'd like to get the COMMENTS info put back into my main log.  Is there a way to get that restored w/o all of the other fields that seem to be specific to N3FJP.. like computer id's etc?

--
Andy Barnes, W5KZJ 214-808-6323

WA7WS

That's what I do now, Andy.. but, there are about 10 or so activations I'd like to fix.. Which is the reason for my initial question... grin