Topics

LOTW upload

Madison R. Jones

I have 3 different signins for three different calls in Logbook of the World, and I maintain 3 different N3FJP logs, for W5MJ, NN5P and FO/W5MJ. When I go into the ARRL LOTW page itself, it shows all 3 and asks me to choose the one I want. When I try to upload from my W5MJ N3FJP logging program, LOTW tells me "the callsign certificate callsign has the value NN5P but the QSO has the value W5MJ on line 27." How to correct this so I can upload from the W5MJ log?

Madison
W5MJ [and trustee for NN5P]

Scott Davis

Hi Madison,

Thanks for your e-mail. That error message is being returned from the tQSL software not AC Log because it is detecting a conflict between the value in your operator field and certificate. You should be able to override that by selecting the option to Add Station Call under the Sign and Upload, provided you have the correct value entered in setup.

Alternatively, you can edit your records to correct the operator field.

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Wed, Feb 17, 2021 11:11 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] LOTW upload

I have 3 different signins for three different calls in Logbook of the World, and I maintain 3 different N3FJP logs, for W5MJ, NN5P and FO/W5MJ. When I go into the ARRL LOTW page itself, it shows all 3 and asks me to choose the one I want. When I try to upload from my W5MJ N3FJP logging program, LOTW tells me "the callsign certificate callsign has the value NN5P but the QSO has the value W5MJ on line 27." How to correct this so I can upload from the W5MJ log?

Madison
W5MJ [and trustee for NN5P]

Madison R. Jones

Sorry, I don’t understand where Sign and Upload is.  If I look under the TQSL tab I find “sign the log and upload it automatically to LOTW,“ and under call sign certificate I have W5MJ, NN5P and FO/W5MJ, and I choose one of those when I use the TQSL upload feature. If you were talking about N3FJP logging, the file I have open is for W5MJ only, not the others. I do have the other two files under separate listings for my N3FJP logging program.

Scott Davis

Hi Madison,

Thank you for the follow up. From the menu options click eLogs, LoTW and on the form that appears, please see below:

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Thu, Feb 18, 2021 11:47 pm
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] LOTW upload

Sorry, I don’t understand where Sign and Upload is.  If I look under the TQSL tab I find “sign the log and upload it automatically to LOTW,“ and under call sign certificate I have W5MJ, NN5P and FO/W5MJ, and I choose one of those when I use the TQSL upload feature. If you were talking about N3FJP logging, the file I have open is for W5MJ only, not the others. I do have the other two files under separate listings for my N3FJP logging program.

Madison R. Jones

Thanks to all. I was looking right at the solution but did not recognize it: the add-call button: Since my window had "home" on it, I assumed it was really all I needed. Apparently it was connected to the NN5P listing [which I sometimes operate as NN5P from home in Williamson County, and sometimes I and others operate as NN5P from a Llano County site belonging to W5KFT, who has Big Antennas, Big Power and low noise!] Once I changed that, all was well. Thanks again.

Madison
W5MJ