Topics

LOTW multiple call sign

Cody

Season greetings everybody. My home call is KC2LSD and I just received a second TQSL for KC2LSD/4.

For LOTW user I have KC2LSD

The password is the same as KC2LSD

LOTW station Location KC2LSD/4

I’m running AC logger 6.7 and most updated TQSL

Here’s what happens from my laptop ie portable logger I don’t get anything on the downloads . However on my home pc when I download LOTW from KC2LSD I’m downloading the /4 logs . I sent an email to the ARRL I have no clue how to manage two call signs

I checked everything matches up but still no joy.

Thank You all

Cody

KC2LSD still in New Jersey

Scott Davis

Hi Cody,

Thanks for your e-mail.  I don't have any experience with multiple call signs myself, but Mike, KD5KC generously wrote up a lot of detail on that topic, which is linked to from about the third paragraph down here:

http://www.n3fjp.com/lotwhelp.html

I hope that this helps.

Regarding downloading and not receiving any information, these trouble shooting steps here will help:

http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q94

Enjoy and Merry Christmas!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Fri, Dec 25, 2020 7:24 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] LOTW multiple call sign

Season greetings everybody. My home call is KC2LSD and I just received a second TQSL for KC2LSD/4.
For LOTW user I have KC2LSD
The password is the same as KC2LSD
LOTW station Location KC2LSD/4
I’m running AC logger 6.7 and most updated TQSL
Here’s what happens from my laptop ie portable logger I don’t get anything on the downloads . However on my home pc when I download LOTW from KC2LSD I’m downloading the /4 logs . I sent an email to the ARRL I have no clue how to manage two call signs
I checked everything matches up but still no joy.
Thank You all

Cody
KC2LSD still in New Jersey

Cody

Thank you Scott. Uploading from my /4 is ok, when I download from my home call it downloads my home log and my /4 logs.
It seems like a LOTW issue since both calls share the same password I'm thinking that's the issue,but I;m no programer , just a retied railroader.
. When I get the fix I'll let the group know.
Fingers crossed.

Thank you

73 Cody
 KC2LSD

Cody

Sorry forgot this piece of information. When I download from my laptop running my /4 call sign ,it downloads the /4 and my home callsign.
 Sorry for the multiple posts.

Cody
 KC2LSD

VG M

Cody,
Do you have your home and /4 LoTW DXCC accounts merged?
Matt - AF2F

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> on behalf of Cody via groups.io <kc2lsd@...>
Sent: Saturday, December 26, 2020 9:06 AM
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] LOTW multiple call sign

Sorry forgot this piece of information. When I download from my laptop running my /4 call sign ,it downloads the /4 and my home callsign.
 Sorry for the multiple posts.

Cody
 KC2LSD

Cody

Matt I don't have these two accounts merged ,thankfully this isse is fixed.

Cody
 KC2LSD

VG M

Cody,
So, what was the issue then?

I use AF2F from home and AC Log on home PC.
For portable I use AF2F/W4 and upload to LoTW choosing second location. Separate AC Log on laptop for that. Never had an issue.
Recently I was looking to merge two LoTW DXCC accounts in order to credits for both LoTW DXCC accounts applied to my DXCC record. However, I realized that if I do that there will be a big mess in the log. Since merging process is irreversible, I am going to keep things as they are for now.
I was going to post here and ask if there is a way to have Qs for multiple locations to be seen in a single instance of AC Log and being able to see which QSO was made with which callsign.

So here we go, Scott. Can we have an extra field for own call in AC Log? Or there is a solution to this already?

73 and Happy New Year to everyone.
Matt - AF2F

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> on behalf of Cody via groups.io <kc2lsd@...>
Sent: Thursday, December 31, 2020 3:05 PM

Cody
 KC2LSD

Scott Davis

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your e-mail.  AC Log includes 8 user customizable Other fields, any one of which you can use for that purpose if you like.  You can customize the name and fill behavior by clicking Setting > Other Field Titles. 

Enjoy and Happy New Year!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thu, Dec 31, 2020 5:34 pm

Cody,
So, what was the issue then?

I use AF2F from home and AC Log on home PC.
For portable I use AF2F/W4 and upload to LoTW choosing second location. Separate AC Log on laptop for that. Never had an issue.
Recently I was looking to merge two LoTW DXCC accounts in order to credits for both LoTW DXCC accounts applied to my DXCC record. However, I realized that if I do that there will be a big mess in the log. Since merging process is irreversible, I am going to keep things as they are for now.
I was going to post here and ask if there is a way to have Qs for multiple locations to be seen in a single instance of AC Log and being able to see which QSO was made with which callsign.

So here we go, Scott. Can we have an extra field for own call in AC Log? Or there is a solution to this already?

73 and Happy New Year to everyone.
Matt - AF2F

Sent: Thursday, December 31, 2020 3:05 PM

Cody
 KC2LSD