LoTW Error Message

Bob - KA2TQV

Greetings all,

I just started to get the following message when I try to upload contacts to LoTW:

"QSO date is not within the date range specified on your Callsign Certificate on line 133"

Just came out of the blue. What could be causing this? Thanks.

Bob, KA2TQV

Mike Olbrisch

In simple terms, it is telling you that the QSO you are trying to upload does not fit into the window of your certificate’s start date or end date.

EXAMPLE:  My KD5KC certificate runs from Aug 2013 to present.  If I tried to upload a contact from 2010, it would cause that error.  Tu successfully upload a 2010 contact, I would need to go back to my KD9KC certificate, which started in Aug of 1990 and ended in Aug of 2013.

Check your certificate START and END dates.  Then check to see if the QSO you are trying to upload fits between those start and end dates of your certificate.

To verify your certificates, open T-QSL.  Click on the Callsign Certificate tab.  Right click the certificate in question.  Click display call sign certificate properties.  The BEGINS and EXPIRES dates are right on top.

Hope this helps.

Vy73  –  Mike  –  KD5KC –  El Paso – Texas  –  DM61.

ADVENTURE:  The respectful pursuit of trouble.   An EXIT is really an

ENTRANCE to someplace new.

I just started to get the following message when I try to upload contacts to LoTW:

"QSO date is not within the date range specified on your Callsign Certificate on line 133"

Just came out of the blue. What could be causing this? Thanks.

Bob, KA2TQV

Mike Olbrisch

OOPS !!!!!    The QSO START DATE and the QSO END DATE are on the BOTTOM of that window.  Your QSO date must fall between those dates.

[...]

Lou WA5LOU

Are you trying to upload a QSO that is prior to your start date of your LoTW certificate?

Lou WA5LOU

On Thu, Apr 8, 2021 at 7:48 AM Bob K via groups.io <krug261=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Greetings all,

I just started to get the following message when I try to upload contacts to LoTW:

"QSO date is not within the date range specified on your Callsign Certificate on line 133"

Just came out of the blue. What could be causing this? Thanks.

Bob, KA2TQV

Bob - KA2TQV

Thank you both. I’m not home so can’t try Mike’s suggested remedy just yet.

Lou, these are QSOs from yesterday. So it must mean I have to extend the End date of my certificate.

Let you know when I can get to it.

Thanks again, Bob KA2TQV

Bob - KA2TQV

Mike and Lou,

Fixed! I renewed my LoTW certificate and all is now well with the world. Interestingly, the certificate was not due to expire until June 11, but it still stopped me from uploading new QSOs. Which is probably the reason I didn't receive any notification of the impending expiration.

I've never understood why some people would choose to not have a LoTW account. However, it is a rather convoluted process and can easily see some people shying away.

Bob, KA2TQV

Mike Olbrisch

OUTSTANDING.  Glad it was helpful.  I do not see any E-mail from lou, so I have no clue what he recommended.  But I am certainly happy your system is up and running, so I assume the step-by-step list I sent you got you to the right place.

LoTW?  Some people are haters, they hate the ARRL for whatever reason and will have nothing to do with any of it.  Some just don’t care.  Some are afraid of it.  My experience with getting confirmations via LoTW is that digital operators are the best, then voice operators.  CW operators are the worst, it is almost like they are still back in time and never heard of computers.  It took me a year to get LoTW confirmation for all states CW, several months for voice, and 6 weeks for digital.  I finally had to resort to a CW sked for the last state in CW!  <grin>.

Sir, wishing you a SUPER Friday, and a BETTER weekend.

Vy73  –  Mike  –  KD5KC –  El Paso – Texas  –  DM61.

ADVENTURE:  The respectful pursuit of trouble.   An EXIT is really an

ENTRANCE to someplace new.

Fixed! I renewed my LoTW certificate and all is now well with the world. Interestingly, the certificate was not due to expire until June 11, but it still stopped me from uploading new QSOs. Which is probably the reason I didn't receive any notification of the impending expiration.

I've never understood why some people would choose to not have a LoTW account. However, it is a rather convoluted process and can easily see some people shying away.

Bob, KA2TQV

Lou WA5LOU

I am glad you got it working, now.  That is all that matters.

Lou WA5LOU

On Fri, Apr 9, 2021 at 11:21 AM Bob K via groups.io <krug261=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Mike and Lou,

Fixed! I renewed my LoTW certificate and all is now well with the world. Interestingly, the certificate was not due to expire until June 11, but it still stopped me from uploading new QSOs. Which is probably the reason I didn't receive any notification of the impending expiration.

I've never understood why some people would choose to not have a LoTW account. However, it is a rather convoluted process and can easily see some people shying away.

Bob, KA2TQV

Bill Grover

FWIW I noticed on my certificate the last QSO date was several days before the certificate expired.

Valid:2019-06-24 00:00:00 - 2022-06-23 23:59:59
Call sign:N3EYF
DXCC entity:UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (291)
QSO Dates:2019-05-29 00:00:00 - 2022-06-12 23:59:59

William Grover