LOTW

Dennis Wage

Can you upload to LOTW from two different computers using the same ACLOG log file on the LAN using 2 different TSQL certificates?

I am waiting for my second TSQL certificate to arrive for my second computer. And now it seems ACLOG on my first computer, which has a valid TSQL certificate, doesn't seem to be uploading my log, even though ACLOG is not giving me any error messages. Uploads look normal, but I have no confirmation of upload and they have not been processed yet.
--
Dennis M. Wage (W9BOQ)

245 Corum Hill Road
Castalian Springs, TN 37031
(615) 310-4242
https://www.grammy.com/grammys/artists/dennis-wage/252054
http://overdubs.net

AI3KS

Dennis,

You do not need another certificate. You copy your existing certificates to the other computer

See this FAQ:

multiple-computers — Logbook of the World (LoTW) Help Pages (arrl.org)

Hope this helps.

Steve, AI3KS

On 21/06/17 07:37, Dennis Wage wrote:
Can you upload to LOTW from two different computers using the same ACLOG log file on the LAN using 2 different TSQL certificates?

I am waiting for my second TSQL certificate to arrive for my second computer. And now it seems ACLOG on my first computer, which has a valid TSQL certificate, doesn't seem to be uploading my log, even though ACLOG is not giving me any error messages. Uploads look normal, but I have no confirmation of upload and they have not been processed yet.
--
Dennis M. Wage (W9BOQ)

245 Corum Hill Road
Castalian Springs, TN 37031
(615) 310-4242
https://www.grammy.com/grammys/artists/dennis-wage/252054
http://overdubs.net

Dennis Wage

I tried that first and didn’t work. Now neither copy of TSQL or ACLOG  are working with LOTW. I’ll sort it out later today.  I really wish the certificates arrived in a more timely fashion.

On Thu, Jun 17, 2021 at 08:00 AI3KS <AI3KS.01@...> wrote:
[...]

I believe that when you request a new certificate, it automatically cancels the old one.

Steve

On 21/06/17 09:14, Dennis Wage wrote:
[...]

Larry Banks

Did you follow the instructions in the LoTW help file to move your certificate?

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Sent: Thursday, June 17, 2021 9:14
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] LOTW

[...]

It did

On Thu, Jun 17, 2021 at 08:35 AI3KS <AI3KS.01@...> wrote:
[...]

Gary

I also use copies of one certificate on multiple computers

73,
Joe kk0sd

On Jun 17, 2021, at 8:48 AM, Dennis Wage <dwage@...> wrote:

[...]

When I get my new certificate maybe you can walk me through it.

On Thu, Jun 17, 2021 at 09:05 Gary <gary_mayfield@...> wrote:
[...]

W5DET

Hello Dennis,
I guess you aren't aware only ONE certificate is required regardless of the number of computers.
Go to to the LOTW FAQ and read this article to learn what you you should be doing differently.
FWIW, I have my ONE certificate working happily on three different computers, two Linux using M$Win7 Virtual Machines and one native M$Win7..
The  reasons I continue with M$Windows at all is I was spoiled by the comprehensive N3FJP suite's UI (User Interface) back in my M$Win-only days and I don't feel like changing.  That, plus I find WINE to be too fiddly.
Because you say you're awaiting a second certificate, you still have a chance to avoid introducing unnecessary problems.

73, Doug W5DET

Fred K2DFC

Won't two certificates under the same call bring up new problems?

Fred
K2DFC

Mike Olbrisch

You can also do a “BACKUP” of your entire present configuration, then carry that to the new computer and it will carry over all your LoTW info.

I know it works, and there is no way I’d retype nearly 100 portable locations.

Vy73  –  Mike  –  KD5KC –  El Paso – Texas  –  DM61.

ADVENTURE:  The respectful pursuit of trouble.   An EXIT is really an

ENTRANCE to someplace new.