Topics

LOTW

I am using ur log book for FLDIGI. Uploading just fine. Why am I getting a "B" in the qsl sent rather than a "L"
I go to LOTW section and it tells me I have already sent the qso.
I have both EQSL and LOTW in auto upload.
Thanks
Dave NU4N 73 Scott.

Scott Davis

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your e-mail.  B indicates upload to Club Log.  For L markings, this FAQ will get you going:

http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q32

I am using ur log book for FLDIGI. Uploading just fine. Why am I getting a "B" in the qsl sent rather than a "L"
I go to LOTW section and it tells me I have already sent the qso.
I have both EQSL and LOTW in auto upload.
Thanks
Dave NU4N 73 Scott.

Mel Marcus

This has happened to me many times.

Just because you send it to LOTW does not mean it has been processed by LOTW. What you have to do is wait awhile then from ACL > Elogs > LOTW > all since. then it will load all the qso since the last time and indicate with an L

Mel
NE9A

I am using ur log book for FLDIGI. Uploading just fine. Why am I getting a "B" in the qsl sent rather than a "L"
I go to LOTW section and it tells me I have already sent the qso.
I have both EQSL and LOTW in auto upload.
Thanks
Dave NU4N 73 Scott.

Jim Shorney

The "All Since" dance needs to be a part of your usual process. Think of it as a handshake between LoTW and ACL that the QSOs have been received (but not necessarily confirmed).

73

-Jim
NU0C

On Sat, 24 Oct 2020 09:46:33 -0700
"Mel Marcus" <melm@...> wrote:

This has happened to me many times.

Just because you send it to LOTW does not mean it has been processed by LOTW. What you have to do is wait awhile then from ACL > Elogs > LOTW > all since. then it will load all the qso since the last time and indicate with an L

Mel
NE9A
I am using ur log book for FLDIGI. Uploading just fine. Why am I getting a "B" in the qsl sent rather than a "L"
I go to LOTW section and it tells me I have already sent the qso.
I have both EQSL and LOTW in auto upload.
Thanks
Dave NU4N 73 Scott.

Frank Mellott

I have both EQSL and LOTW in auto upload.
I am using ur log book for FLDIGI. Uploading just fine. Why am I getting a "B" in the qsl sent rather than a "L"

Good morning
To specifically answer the question,  Look at your settings.  It sounds like you have it marked to log a QSL as sent IF it was sent by EQSL or LOTW. You are sending BOTH  so it flags it with a B.

My preference is a card C and I have mine set to mark as a RECEIVED if it is in LoTW.  So since I manually upload EQSL and only upload to LoTW a couple times a month, when I send LOTW, it puts anin the sent field. if I send a EQSL it enters an E and if I send a card, and change th sent flag to Yes, it enters a C. so if I send all 3, the field shows L,E,C.

If you don't want B, uncheck the autosend EQSL.  I log every contact, but for nets when I am NC, etc I do not send an EQSL. It is no problem for me to manually send 5 or 20 a month. N3FJP makes it easy!

Hope this helps

Frank
KB3PQT